Quashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tmc999
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Tmc999 »

Looking for advise on buying a used quashqai, I’m looking at 1.2 petrol as don’t do a lot of miles, ave 4000 per year. After reading the problems with the 1.2 engine. Would a diesel have problems with clogging fillters.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

J11 models, ie facelift before last one, has a self generating dpf which prevents a lot of the previous
issues with dpf that Qashqai had, and many current Land Rover's still do apparently.
However, 1.2 of course is petrol.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
nick9884

Post by nick9884 »

Good afternoon,

I have just taken ownership of a 1.5d J11 tekna model with 11000 miles, first impression, a very nice car, lovely drive and good fuel economy, after driving it for the past few days i have slowly started noticing little niggley bits, first of all the day after i picked it up the interior was fogged up and when driven i could hear a slushing noise from the luggage compartment, on closer inspection i found an inch of water in the spare wheel well, i have since drained and cleaned the area but the water is slowly coming back......also the head rest chromes have become pitted/tasnished from the moisture. Secondly i have a loud knock/rattle when lifting my foot off the clutch. Thirdly I have rust on the top of the front doors, The vehicle is under manufactures warranty so it is going back to the selling dealer for them to rectify these issues. What are Nissan like with warranty? Is it difficult to get things rectified or is it straight forward? Shine has been taken off this car purchase to say the least, or are my expectations too high?
Tom40my

Post by Tom40my »

hi I've had the 1.2 petrol since launch. 2014 and no problems with my engine still love it every time I get in it
2014 1.2 tekna magnetic red
switchback

Post by switchback »

nick9884 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 pm Good afternoon,

I have just taken ownership of a 1.5d J11 tekna model with 11000 miles, first impression, a very nice car, lovely drive and good fuel economy, after driving it for the past few days i have slowly started noticing little niggley bits, first of all the day after i picked it up the interior was fogged up and when driven i could hear a slushing noise from the luggage compartment, on closer inspection i found an inch of water in the spare wheel well, i have since drained and cleaned the area but the water is slowly coming back......also the head rest chromes have become pitted/tasnished from the moisture. Secondly i have a loud knock/rattle when lifting my foot off the clutch. Thirdly I have rust on the top of the front doors, The vehicle is under manufactures warranty so it is going back to the selling dealer for them to rectify these issues. What are Nissan like with warranty? Is it difficult to get things rectified or is it straight forward? Shine has been taken off this car purchase to say the least, or are my expectations too high?

I would reject it. Sounds like it's been at the bottom of the sea or in a flood. Get your money back ASAP.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Gel

Post by Gel »

and it's spelt "Qashqai"!!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
m.scott
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by m.scott »

I had a 14 reg 1.2 petrol with manual gearbox. No problem with the engine but had to have the battery replaced, new strut rubbers and new parts on the air con. I had a delay with getting the air con sorted but that was because they has so many with the same problem that it took them months to get round to doing mine. The dealer did give me a full tank of petrol for the bother that I had as the dealer was 35 miles away so it was a 70 mile round trip every time I had to take it in. Because I have bad ankles I had to change it for a new QQ but with an auto gearbox which I find much easier to drive.
I did consider a diesel engine one as the petrol can sometimes feel under powered but I bought mine new and the extra cost of buying the car plus the extra cost of servicing and then getting less part exchange price after 3 years it was not worth it The salesman said that if you do less than 15,000 miles a year over 3 years then it is not worth getting a diesel.
I sold my petrol engine car to Evans Halshaw last October, 14 reg petrol QQ with 22,000 miles for £11,200. At the time they had for sale on the forecourt a 14 reg diesel QQ at £10995. They then had my car for sale at £12200. Hope this helps you to decide
Big Blue

Post by Big Blue »

I would list all thes genuine complaints and go straight back to the dealership you bought it from. I've got a Tekna 2014 , and touch wood no problems except a new battery required. Replaced free by Wessex nissan. I hope you get these problems sorted out!