Issues with my J11

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
nick9884
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by nick9884 »

Good afternoon,

I have just taken ownership of a 1.5d J11 tekna model with 11000 miles, first impression, a very nice car, lovely drive and good fuel economy, after driving it for the past few days i have slowly started noticing little niggley bits, first of all the day after i picked it up the interior was fogged up and when driven i could hear a slushing noise from the luggage compartment, on closer inspection i found an inch of water in the spare wheel well, i have since drained and cleaned the area but the water is slowly coming back......also the head rest chromes have become pitted/tasnished from the moisture. Secondly i have a loud knock/rattle when lifting my foot off the clutch. Thirdly I have rust on the top of the front doors, The vehicle is under manufactures warranty so it is going back to the selling dealer for them to rectify these issues. What are Nissan like with warranty? Is it difficult to get things rectified or is it straight forward? Shine has been taken off this car purchase to say the least, or are my expectations too high?

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Water ingress that settles in the boot area appears to come from a loose/poorly sealed base mount of the arial on the rear roof area. Regarding dealerships etc, if you find a good one then stick with it. Many on here see Nissan cooperation as the bigest problem.