Hi

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
mr singh
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by mr singh »

hi guys.

im nanak and i have a 2004 smart forfour 1.5 petrol which is my pride and joy and my mum has a 2009 civic 2.2 diesel which is the family car, grandma's taxi if you will.

there are currently 5 in the family and im considering buying a Qashqai+2 as we will be needing a 7 seater in a few months time :roll: , but i have a couple of questions.

the civic will be the one to go but i have to say iv been spoilt with its performance, it pulls like a train in every gear even with 5 in the car and has never let us down in the 3 years we've owned it and this is the question.

on paper the 1.6 dci has the similar performance figures 2.2 but will it perform the same with 5, or even 6 in the car, or would the 2.0 dci be better?
is it worth going for a 1.6 dci and buying a tuning box? i dont want it to feel under powered is what im saying

also whats the auto like? my mum is disabled, and her right foot is the one that causes her issues sometimes, so not having to lift off to change gear may help her.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If you will be regularly using the vehicle to carry 7 people I wouldnt even bother considering a QQ+2. Personally I'd be looking at something a little bigger like a mini van.
mr singh

Post by mr singh »

dont really fancy any of the other MPV's on the market, they dont really take my fancy although the Grand C-Max could fit the bill BUT with a run of issues with a 1.6 petrol Focus before getting the civic has put me off getting a Ford, plus its more than likely going to carry up to 4 most of the time. only the rear seats will come in to play when we all go somewhere as a family of 6, which wont that often
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Remember, the QQ+2 was only manufactured until 2013, so the youngest car you could get would be at least 5 years old. Also if you're looking at a diesel it may be prone to dpf issues as Nissan hadn't brought in the system that is on the new QQ. You will also be looking at higher road fund licence costs due to its higher emissions figures, not to mention possibly being banned from entering certain areas in different cities as they attempt to clean up air pollution.
mr singh

Post by mr singh »

i know the +2 was made for about 3/4 years before being discontinued, in the same way that my forfour was in production for 2 years before being axed

i am also aware of possible DPF issues, iv seen many DPF issues in the 13 years iv worked in the motor trade. i also know that low mileage cars will suffer more DPF issues, but mileage doesnt bother me if there is a good service history to back it up. i would like a petrol but reading owner reviews of sluggish performance, high fuel consumption, noisy on the motorway has slightly put me off buying a petrol qashqai.

not bothered about tax, my mums registered disabled and as a result the tax will be free. she could get a mobility car BUT her disability allowance doesnt stretch to one.

i live in Leeds and so far there are no restrictions to what car can enter the city centre, and even so there will be way of avoiding possible restricted areas in future if they come in to place.

when we do do long distance travel, we go to southhall, croyden, birmingham, coventry where we would use the extra seats, plus i work in wakefield so i could take it once a week to regen the DPF
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just a gentle reminder, if you get the cars taxation class changed to disabled and get free road fund licence, then your mum will have to go to work and back with you on your weekly blast to clear the dpf!
Personally I’d opt for the 2litre, not the 1.6
mr singh

Post by mr singh »

i was merely suggesting that i could take it to work. i could also take it down the motorway any weekend with her.
mr singh

Post by mr singh »

whats the auto diesel like to live with? im just thinking about my mum not having to lift off the accelerator every time to change gear as its her right foot that is the troublesome one.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Would that be the same right foot that also controls the brake pedal by any chance...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I should imagine its ok to drive an automatic with the left foot only. So maybe the right foot would not be such an issue if she uses the left instead.
Wheelie Bealie wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 am Would that be the same right foot that also controls the brake pedal by any chance...