New Qashqai Car Park Issue

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Stoodbiscuit
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Stoodbiscuit »

Hi guys
New to the forum
I’ve just taken delivery of a 67 1.6 auto (previously had a 1.5 manual) and on three separate occasions now when driving up the ramps of the multi storey car park I use for work there is an almighty grinding noise and warning light.
Is fine when I put my break on then pull away again.
Only happens on one of the ramps (don’t think it was the same one each time) and there are about 4. It’s not particularly steep nor am I going too fast. Was never an issue in the previous qashqai.
Wondering if anyone else has had this. I’m not hitting the floor or anything as there’s plenty of clearance. Although it is a decent inclune.
Otherwise I’m very happy with the car

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Chassis Control kicking in. It applies the brakes and adjusts the throttle briefly to supposedly lessen the effect of body roll and the front/rear dipping after encountering bumps in the road. I think its only on automatics and can be tuned off in the cars settings. Im in a manual so cant talk you through it im afraid.
Stoodbiscuit

Post by Stoodbiscuit »

Thanks that’s great
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

I own a 1.6 auto but can't say mine has ever done such a thing going up a ramp in a multi storey car park, or anywhere for that fact. My chassis control is on. I t would be interesting to see if switching it off as gvmdaddy suggests stops it happening with your car.

Cheers
Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Stoodbiscuit

Post by Stoodbiscuit »

I switched the chassis control off and it happened again. Big warning light comes on the heads up display and the car grinds/shudders. The problem is as soon as I apply the break (naturally as the car is going mental) the warning light disappears so I can’t get a good look at it to see what it’s trying to tell me. Think I might just ring the dealer for peace of mind
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Sounds like forward collision avoidance may be kicking in.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Its a 'brake', unless you break something.