Rear rattle tap and fuel tank sound

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mikeybee34
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mikeybee34 »

I have a 2014 QQ tekna 1.5 dci and have a rattle and a tap sound coming from the back which sounds like metal knocking and not all the time only at very low speed when pulling off or parking up, please any ideas as Its driving me mad, also I can hear the fuel tank sloshing after filling it full Is this a common problem.
I only purchased the QQ back in January and i can say I’m not really impressed,any help would be appreciated

switchback

Post by switchback »

Easy search...................................

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5677&hilit=tapping+rear
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Mikeybee34

Post by Mikeybee34 »

That doesn’t really solve the problem does it?
switchback

Post by switchback »

Yes it does.......................................

I've just got it back from the dealer after they had it for nearly a week and it seems to be fixed.....................for now. The service manager came out to see me and explained the nightmare they had finding the creak.

After removing the headlining they used a noise detecting probe of some sort but the noise transmitted all over the place so was difficult to pin-point. Previously they had opened up the gaps between the welded joints in the "D" pillar which was a temporary fix. This time after contacting Nissan, they opened up all the joints/gaps and injected windscreen bonding glue into the voids. Once dry this should set and prevent the metal to metal contact and creaking noise.

They did extensive test drives at different temperatures and are happy that it is fixed, time will tell but I can't fault Hammond Nissan for their efforts even though it did take several visits.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Mikeybee34

Post by Mikeybee34 »

Ok I will pass this information on to NISSAN who have also said after listening to the noise that it sounds if it is coming from the panoramic roof mechanism and have said the roof lining needs to be dropped to have a look, I will let you know how it turns out
switchback

Post by switchback »

There is a new technical bulletin for this problem. Same solution as mine but using a putty rather than the screen bonding glue. Nissan should have this info. I don't know what the TB number is though. Please keep us updated on this as mine has started doing it again.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Fuel sloshing about is normal and is not a problem.