Introduction new member

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Huntsman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Huntsman »

Hi everybody,
just purchased a 2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T cvt. and I must say that I am blown away by this car. Purchased the car about a month ago and have watched this forum ever since.
The car had only 3,200 on the clock (now just over 4,000) and after reading this forum was a bit worried about oil consumption but checked it today and it seems to be O.K. at the moment. It's very easy to get panicky about some of the things which worried owners put on this site (or any other) but until the car goes T**ts up I am going to enjoy it.
At the moment my best fuel consumption is at just over 50 to the gallon with an average of around 37 to the gallon. Having said that, I am Captain Slow and will not exceed the speed limit if possible.
The car I owned previously was a Peugeot 3008D and I must say it was a fantastic car so moving on to a QQ would have to be something special, and it has been. The model I have is the Tekna so I have just about all the bells whistles and flutes I could ever need in a car.
I am sure that with the assistance of this forum I will get all the help I need if I should need any.
QQ/J11B - 2020 1.3 Dig-T 160 DCT N-Connecta , Ink Blue. 19" alloys
Prev. QQ/J11 - 2015 1.2 Dig-T Tekna, Storm White. 19" alloys.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

3200 miles in just under 3 years, was it a Motability car? If it was the service history will be spot on. Hope so!
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Not Motability but the sevice record does seem to be genuine. Apparently the previous owner had an accident (not in the car) which incapacitated him for some time.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

I have 1.2 Tekna cvt 16 plate that's not mobility and I have only done 3,700 but will say have got the wife's car to do the wrecking in :lol: . Touch wood no oil problems to date.
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Just a quick update.
My car has now done 5,400 miles and still no sign of oil loss so hopefully I have got a good one. Average fuel consumption is around 38 to 40 mpg which I believe is reasonable for a small engined car.
I only have one criticism of the car. I spend too much time looking at the dashboard (all the gizmo's) that I nearly rear ended a van in front of me but the car decided it didn't want to hit the van so applied the brakes. Her indoors gave me a good talking to and now I concentrate more on the road ahead. (At least when she's not looking).

Still really enjoying the car but with 19" wheels the road noise and bumps are more severe than my Peugeot 3008D.

Alan
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Next update.
Car has now done 9000 miles and I have had absolutely no problems. No oil loss but from what I read on this forum it maybe a bit to early to start shouting. Fuel consumption seems to be very good considering I spend a lot of time in traffic. Had 63mpg to the gallon at one time but at the moment it has settled at 54.9 mpg as my highest and I am well pleased with that.
Some people complain about lack of acceleration when passing on motorways but this little 1.2cc engine has more than enough grunt when given a bit of a boot. Still not impressed with the 19" wheels and low profile tyres (very noisy and hard on potholes etc.) but I can live with that.

I think the judgement of a car is whether you enjoy being in the driving seat and I thoroughly enjoy being in mine.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Agree bud a loverly car and drive. Mine is a 2016 1.2 Cvt no oil problems but only covered 5,600 mls I clean it more than I drive it lol :roll: :lol:
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
Gavinintheuk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gavinintheuk »

Hi all, not sure if this is the right strand but I bought a 2015 QQ 1.2 petrol auto in August. it only had 10k on the clock and am somewhat disappointed with the fuel consumption at 28-32mpg town driving. what is everyone else getting?
Thanks
cjunaid

Post by cjunaid »

Hi all. I am new here as well and bought a brand new 68 Plate with the newest engine available 1.3 140 PS Dig-t N Connecta. Happy with the car so far but fuel consumption is not what I heard or expected. I must admit I have only done 550+ miles and the average I am getting is around 32/33 mpg. The dealer told me it should be in the 40+mpg all the time but I understand new engines take time to settle down. This definitely ain't my first new car so I know how to live with a new engine :). However my Android Auto doesn't work and the car is going to work shop as they reckon it might be something to do with USB port not picking up the phone. Heater doesn't turn up as it should after a cold start. It takes good 10-15 mins before it kicks in even when the car is warm enough on the temperature gage. Cold weather doesn't help as the frost on the windscreen takes a lot longer to melt wasting my precious minutes before going to work (should have gone for Tekna :(..) Oil issues are no where to be seen, it shouldn't be as the engine is too new. I must admit I drove both the 1.2 and 1.6 older engines and I found the 1.3 to be so much quieter its unbelievable. They have done really well with the insulation this time and you hardly hear the engine inside the cabin even if you rev it hard. It's zippy and nippy as well cuz of 140 PS as opposed to 115 PS on the older 1.2 version. Overall I am happy with the car but must admit never had even minor issues with my brand new Fiesta ST when I got it a few years ago even though the interior quality wasn't as good as Nissan's. I hope someone will read this and share their thoughts as the there is hardly anyone around discussing 1.3 140 or 160 PS engines and models as I guess it's way too new. Thanks people and don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Cheers J
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome

Autocar likes the engine too

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ni ... 018-review

The outgoing petrol Qashqai was well-received by Autocar with our only criticism being that the entry-level 1.2 113bhp didn’t have much pulling power below 1750rpm. The same claim doesn’t ring true here: in the new equivalent, the turbocharged 138bhp 1.3-litre, has a far smoother and quicker response at low revs and beyond than previously.

Before, the benchmark sprint was achieved in 11.3secs; now it’s 10.5secs. All in all, acceleration is more spirited and there’s ample pull for any desired overtaking maneouvres. The engine is also admirably quiet.

Jumping into the higher-powered 158bhp Qashqai briefly, we noticed only a little difference between the two engines. The 158bhp is naturally more sprightly but when you consider the 138bhp unit’s flexible, willing performance, plus its £1500 cheaper list price, it’s the clear winner of the two unless you expect to carry a full load regularly.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)