Stop/Start

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
philipwood
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by philipwood »

Hi, I am new here and seeking clarification about stop/start.

I have a Qashqai 1.2 Dig-T N Connecta 5dr manual petrol.

I come to a halt at the traffic lights, place the gear lever in neutral and release the clutch pedal and the engine cuts out.
I would have expected the auto parking brake to come on at the same time but it does not. Should the auto parking brake come?

(The auto parking brake comes on when I manually turn off the ignition when I come to a halt on my drive at home).

Please help.

Many thanks,

Phil

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Just tested mine the nursery run and it does the same tried it 3 times one on a sloping drive and hand brake did not hold
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
carlgoss
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by carlgoss »

No the parking brake has to be engaged manually. The Xtronic models deactivate the stop start system when on a slope I believe
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

Doesn't come on automatically. Goes off automatically when pulling away on Xtronic.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

What you can do is when the engine stops is push the gear leaver into first gear, its stops the engine restarting and will use the engine to hold the car from moving. Works a treat and stops that restart a few seconds after the engine stops. To move off just push the clutch peddle in and off u go.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Daewar wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:46 pm What you can do is when the engine stops is push the gear leaver into first gear, its stops the engine restarting and will use the engine to hold the car from moving. Works a treat and stops that restart a few seconds after the engine stops. To move off just push the clutch peddle in and off u go.
It isn't just mine that always seems to restart 5-10 seconds after it's stopped then?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
switchback

Post by switchback »

chrisw99 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:46 pm
Daewar wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:46 pm What you can do is when the engine stops is push the gear leaver into first gear, its stops the engine restarting and will use the engine to hold the car from moving. Works a treat and stops that restart a few seconds after the engine stops. To move off just push the clutch peddle in and off u go.
It isn't just mine that always seems to restart 5-10 seconds after it's stopped then?
If you don't take your foot away from the clutch pedal you only have to just brush it and the car will start. Perhaps this is happening inadvertently.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

switchback wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:57 pm
chrisw99 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:46 pm
If you don't take your foot away from the clutch pedal you only have to just brush it and the car will start. Perhaps this is happening inadvertently.
No, it definitely restarts whenever the supply voltage reaches 12.4V. I've done a lot of driving with the system state hidden menu on, and whenever the STOP/START kicks in and it's at about 12.5V it then starts to drop and once it reaches 12.4V the engine comes back on.

After a particularly long run, it could be up at 12.9V when it stops, and it does take quite a bit longer to reach 12.4V before it comes on again. But I never really do long runs, which is why it's almost always under charged.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T