Poss faulty heater

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bev Turner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Bev Turner »

Hi, bit of advice needed if poss. Think there is a problem with heater fan in my 2014 Qashqai. When i turn engine on i get full blast of air from heater but within 15secs or so it just dies away to nothing. Or sonetimes i get full blast but if i try to turn fan control down a couple of notches then all air dies away again. I can't seem to be able to go up nd down the fan control with any success. Exactly the same when AC is on - no blast just a tiny waft of air. Have only had this car a month so initially wondered if it was me getting used to it but after sitting in car for an hour the other day just investigating i def think there is a prob. Just wanted bit of advicd before contacting garage i bought it from. Thanks.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bev, try using the “Search” area by entering different variations of your problem as the subject of AC problems has been a large problem here especially on the earlier 2014 Models. We have the same model year, ours has had a new Condenser (major problem), could be a Re-Gas, could be the Control System. I would suggest you consult a Nissan Dealer as the AC System has given problems and is a known problem by Nissan. Yours is most likely out of Guarantee and it will cost you unless Nissan do it for Customer Service (if you are lucky), I am sure you will get more answers on this - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bev Turner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Bev Turner »

Hi Dave. Many thanks. Will do :-)