New Nissan Qashqai ENGINE PROBLEM OUT OF OIL

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
john1957
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by john1957 »

My wifes new Nissan now sits in a garage in Sarpsborg Norway awaiting confirmation from the importer to confirm work needed is under warrenty.

She sent him an extensive list of electrical problems the car has had after its first service.

The biggest problem is the engine has blown up. When she brought the car she said to the selling garage that she knows nothing about cars and what checks does she needs to do?
He said the car has so many sensors she only need to make sure the window screen washers were full as the car will tell her when it needs servicing by the service key coming on.
I have included a picture which i took when i had asked the service manager to show me the car with ignition on and the service key display.

My question is for the ladies so i hope if there are none here which i hope there is.

How do ladies check the oil in their cars.

Is it via the dip stick under the bonnet or by waiting for the oil light to come on?

Ive quizzed my wife and she said every car she has had she always waits for oil light to come on.

Nissan.jpg

Ignition is on NO OIL LIGHT and service keys has not been reset to 40000 kilometers

Den123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Den123 »

All ways check the dipstick for oil. I have just had new car that had not had a PDI. Inspection. That’s a quality garage Nissan
john1957

Post by john1957 »

I agree oil should be checked via dip stick.
But my wife was told by the selling garage as she asked what Checks do I need to do.
He replied only screen wash as car will say when it has problem.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

its the rubbish engines they put in some of these cars. My QQ uses hardly a drip of oil between services, the same was with serval minis and a Honda CRV before that, never needed topping up with oil between services. But you will find somewhere written down in the car documentation that the user / driver is responsible for checking the oil level.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Sun May 06, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john1957

Post by john1957 »

I've read all 508 pages and it dies say that oil level should be checked but not how often.
Facts are as mechanic at garage who have my wife's car showed me the service light was turned off and the oil light does not come on when ignition turned on.
As I've asked many men friends do their wives check oil by dip stick. Each laughed saying no she waits for oil light to come on then tell them.
Fact same as my wife does, even when she's used my car, that time it was the door open light.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It's good practice to check oil levels, coolant levels, tyre pressures, wiper/washer levels at least weekly. Always has been, always will be. Sad truth is that many people don't, and expect things to run perfectly and the car to tell you when things may be about to go wrong. That's fine, but what if the car was supposed to tell you something but its sensor had malfunctioned and it failed to do as intended? Electronic warnings are an aid, not a definitive warning of absolute failure.
Gel

Post by Gel »

As a vehicle is most people's 2nd most expensive purchase, common sense should
suggest you read the supplied Owner's Manual. :)

TPMS will show your tyre pressures, but you should still check them for any
signs of physical damage regularly.

Do not rely on the oil warning light to check your oil level, as
outlined in screenshots.
There are multiple manual references to need for the driver to check levels.

Not monitoring, by lifting the bonnet every few weeks can lead to fatal engine damage,
not covered by warranty.

oil.jpg

oil1a.jpg

oil1.jpg

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D