My first Nissan..

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rab15
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rab15 »

Thanks Dave, the car does need a clean lol, the thing is I cannot clean the panel properly and now that you mention about parts being out sourced it makes it a little worse as the panel did not get through just 3 inspections but 4, it is not only shocking if you are correct that the company that manufactured had passed it as satisfactory but Nissan also, if this is british made and british quality I am stunned. Obviously in my case I cannot know what their standards are and if this is what they deem as ok, I have to put my issue across, be listened to and be believed and so far 2 representatives of NIssan have gone against me, in fact I have been told my case has been refused and closed what lovely customer care Nissan have, not!
Nissan Qashqai Connecta J11 - Ink Blue - 18" wheels 2017 1.5dci

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just had a look at mine after seeing your photos. Mine are all four the same and of a texture between the two of yours. No problems with micro fibre cloths at all. I woukd suggest youve just been unlucky when the vehicle was assembled and the offending part is from a different supplier. I would also think that it is passable on the quality side. If all four doors had been the same you most likely wouldnt have even thought twice about it. I cant see you getting anywhere with Nissan, but try anyway.
Rab15
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rab15 »

Hi gvmdaddy no I am not confident I will get anywhere with this but I still have to try a little harder because it is not right if it was a painted metal panel there would be a big hoo haa about it, particularly as they run there hands over it with cotton gloves, or is this only with expensive cars, but because it is lower down out of the way they do not bother. British Leyland Friday night cars comes to mind, just slap it together because the weekend is coming. I think I would of noticed the fact that one stood out as I did because it causes problems with cleaning, god knows what I would of done if I had four of them I still would have complained, basically what would anyone do with a one year old car, just do nothing and put up with the fact you just cannot clean it properly and the fact I have one out of three raises an issue any way. Surely to be unlucky there is an issue, I am unlucky that Nissan will not take responsibility....Thank you for your input. :D
Nissan Qashqai Connecta J11 - Ink Blue - 18" wheels 2017 1.5dci
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rab15, this place appears regularly when you search for Nissan Door Trims : https://www.bigcarparts.co.uk/ might be well worth a try although 2nd Hand you just might be lucky and keep you happy at a low price providing the Lugs at the rear are not broken.

Or you could try Nissan obviously at a price (but cannot be too expensive) for a regular OEM New Part I believe these are the Nissan Nos :
Left Rear Door Molding Trim Cover 82871-4EA0A / Right Rear 82870-4EA0A / Left Front 80871-4EA0A / Right Front 80870-4EA0A
Hope this helps Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rab15, I asked our Nissan Dealer today for the cost of a new part #82870-4EA0A Left Rear and was quoted €60 FYI - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken