My first Nissan..

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rab15
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rab15 »

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and to owning my first Nissan Qashqai, always been Peugeot and Ford beforehand so I am hoping I am going to have some good times with this car as it has to last me some years.
I have a 17 plate 1.5dci Connecta (pre face lift) with just under 9k miles on the clock (I did not get it from a main dealer) and as I know very little about this particular car I may be popping in and out of the forum for advice particularly as it has a Fiat engine which I know very little about.
Another thing I know very little about is manufacturers warranty as I have nearly two years left and the other day after returning home after a week at the coast and cleaning the car I noticed something about one of the lower door plastic panels.
All panels except the nearside rear door one were smooth so when using an appropriate cleaner with a micro cloth it glided over the three panels but snagged on the other, the surface is rough, I even tried a cotton cloth and it was pretty much the same.
I can only assume it was manufactured this way as I guess the finish should be correct as it exits the mould, so in affect it was not inspected correctly before being fitted, is this a point i could put forward at a Nissan dealer under warranty?
I also noticed there to be a very slight colour difference so wonder if it is a replacement panel and what would be the outcome be if a dealership said the same thing?
So my first issue which I am hoping you can give me some directions with please, was not sure if my actual query would be better placed under another topic, but as I am new maybe you can advise...
Nissan Qashqai Connecta J11 - Ink Blue - 18" wheels 2017 1.5dci

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi, Its a Renault engine.

For all these things I would return to your dealer & explain the faults, they should be able to help you with them. If you are not happy with the answers, whilst you are there is compare your car against another QQ they have for sale.
Rab15 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 am I have a 17 plate 1.5dci Connecta (pre face lift) with just under 9k miles on the clock (I did not get it from a main dealer) and as I know very little about this particular car I may be popping in and out of the forum for advice particularly as it has a Fiat engine which I know very little about.
Rab15

Post by Rab15 »

Hi Daewar
Thank you for your reply, oops I did mean Renault, I am not saying I am unhappy with my car or that it has numerous faults, I have never had Renault engines before and I believe it has been mentioned that some engines use up engine oil, the only issue I have so far, is the rough surface exterior lower door panel and I wanted to know if anyone else knows could this be raised to be replaced free under the manufacturers warranty, I did not want to waist my time or come across as an idiot if plastic or panels do not come under warranty. Thank you for your advise Daewar...
Gel

Post by Gel »

You could do with updating your forum signature to include model type/year/engine & your location.
Your warranty only valid if it's been serviced by a Nissan dealer or to their precise standards elsewhere.
Hopefully you have been given car's Service Book.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Rab,

The totality of your car is covered by the warranty whist it is maintained in accordance with it. Even consumables like tyres, wiper blades or brake pads are still covered against defect.
Rab15 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm Hi Daewar
Thank you for your reply, oops I did mean Renault, I am not saying I am unhappy with my car or that it has numerous faults, I have never had Renault engines before and I believe it has been mentioned that some engines use up engine oil, the only issue I have so far, is the rough surface exterior lower door panel and I wanted to know if anyone else knows could this be raised to be replaced free under the manufacturers warranty, I did not want to waist my time or come across as an idiot if plastic or panels do not come under warranty. Thank you for your advise Daewar...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

RAB, firstly welcome to the Forum. Take a read of this attachment this may well be a help to you - Dave :D

http://assets.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/C ... ndbook.pdf
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Rab15

Post by Rab15 »

Sorry Gel I am a newbie but will look into the signature thing, yes I have service book but the whole reason I am asking my question is because I am not sure if something like an exterior plastic door panel which is not damaged but has a bad finish from manufacture I would of thought, can this and would this be something I can get changed under the warranty and can I push it if they initially refuse or fob me off, I just thought someone on here might know or had experiences with a dealership that they had not actually bought the car from. So would I be wasting my time or is it one of those situations where the general consensus is just try it...Thanks...
Rab15

Post by Rab15 »

Hi Dave well I had a quick look through your link and the fact it mentions bodywork and trim are excluded I guess the answer would be no to my question however the said panel is rough to the touch from production and then has been fitted to the car. Other than giving it ago at a dealer the only other thing I can think of is using wet and dry on it, when just looking at it it does not look imperfect but I cannot clean it properly. Cheers Dave and thank you for the welcome....
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rab, you have nothing to lose here by just asking a couple of Nissan Dealers, it is worth a try. They will either help, advise you or just pass your complaint over (Guarantee & Maintenance Book should help though), so really you have nothing to lose by just asking - it will be a Yes or a No answer.
I would also ask at one of these Body / Repair Shops (or Mobile) that do the “Smart” repairs as they normally can also repair Trim damages, it is always worth a try. DIY attempts can sometimes end up as a disaster and you have to live with it daily. The other possibility is a new part (expensive) or a part from a Scrap Yard (if available) - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Rab, I think your forgetting you rights as a consumer, you have statutory rights that can be claimed exclusive of any warranty. If I was you I would contact Nissan as these items have not become faulty, they were faulty from manufacture. It's a different thing.

Nissan Customer Support Centre
Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way
Rickmansworth
WD3 9YS
Tel: 01923 899334
Fax: 01923 899918
E-mail: gb@nissan-services.eu
The Customer Support Centre is
Rab15 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:49 pm Sorry Gel I am a newbie but will look into the signature thing, yes I have service book but the whole reason I am asking my question is because I am not sure if something like an exterior plastic door panel which is not damaged but has a bad finish from manufacture I would of thought, can this and would this be something I can get changed under the warranty and can I push it if they initially refuse or fob me off, I just thought someone on here might know or had experiences with a dealership that they had not actually bought the car from. So would I be wasting my time or is it one of those situations where the general consensus is just try it...Thanks...