"... and it's a goodnight from him" to coin a phrase!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I returned to the garage for its free check service yesterday, only to find my Qashqai still on the forecourt! However it was now with a SOLD sign in the windscreen.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

So a probable last episode from me on this topic - the verdict on my switch, a little later than planned...

Do I regret getting rid of the Qashqai - a little it has to be admitted; the operation of its gadgets always seemed to be a little slicker than the similar ones on the Ignis - if they're there at all that is, although many are.

Do I regret buying a Suzuki Ignis instead - not in the slightest! It's a great car and I'm really surprised it's not more popular despite usually getting decent 4/5 ratings from the car magazines.

As an overall package it's difficult to find fault with it. OK so it's a relatively low powered engine - at 89bhp - compared to the 115bhp in the Qashqai - but then it's a much lighter car that it's pulling around - only 870kg compared to 1332kg. Acceleration to 62mph isn't much different - Ignis: 11.4s, Qashqai: 10.9s. And the lightness also aids the handling - it's really chuckable despite being fractionally taller than the Qashqai (by 5mm!). It certainly feels like the CoG is lower on the Ignis. And the low weight also of course aids the economy - I'm averaging about 53mpg compared to the disappointing 34mpg my Qashqai struggled to.

What's surprised me with the Ignis is how spacious it is inside. OK so the overall length is only 3700mm compared with the Qashqai's 4377mm - but most of the difference revolves around the size of the bonnet! The passenger compartment is easily the match of the Qashqai (except only 4 seats owing to the width) and the boot although smaller is flexible with the sliding back seats - they go forward 165mm. That means the 260 litre capacity can increase when you need it - without dropping the seats - to about 355 litres. Also with four people in it the performance doesn't suffer too much - certainly not as noticeably as in the Fabias I had previously. And another bonus is the small turning circle - only 9.4m compared to 10.72m; useful both in my tight drive and in the city.

And don't forget it's less than half the price of a current 1.2 Tekna - which before paint upgrade costs £26,035 compared to the £12,499 for the Ignis SZ5.

So to celebrate I bought a new motorbike too - first time I've ever bought a new bike! :)

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, it does appear from these very lengthly writeups that you like your smaller Ignis compared with the QQ. As it appears that this is going to be the last report I took a look at a Autocar Writeup just as a comparison. Despite the problems I have experienced with our QQ I still rate it as an enjoyable SUV and am awaiting facts on the new updated model - Dave

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/suzuki/ignis
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

I wish you all the best with your Ignis Gloucester, I must say though that I think it’s a bit like chalk and cheese compared to the QQ.
I sat in one VERY briefly whilst in a Suzuki dealership looking at a New Vitara, my wife said “ I hope you’re joking, it’s like a Noddy car” I didn’t think it was that bad but it was very small and narrow looking, all Suzuki’s appear very narrow when I’m behind them?
I’m glad I went for the new shape QQ, to date I’m very pleased with its big car ride excellent economy and vast interior, I hope I feel the same in a years time.!!
Enjoy your new bike.
S.