First time Qashqai owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
hoppy78
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hoppy78 »

Hi All

I recently bought my first Qashqai, really happy with it but have one issue I am a little worried about..

Not sure if there is a thread already for something like this but if anyone can help or re-direct me that would be great :)

Basically my clock reading was in KM's when I bought it. It read 57500KM's, it was then changed in settings to miles but the figure stayed the same? I expceted it to reflect the number in miles not the same reading as KM's because when changed back to KM's it calcualted the reading from miles...
Now my KM reading is huge.. any ideas anyone?

Does this mean it was clocked?

Thanks
Emma

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

You need to update signature so members can respond; add model & engine type /year /your location etc.
Are you in UK, or some other part of EU so your car started life there and was set up at factory to show km's?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Dave you looked at the servicing records? they should show the mileage (km) at the time of service.
hoppy78 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:28 pm Hi All

I recently bought my first Qashqai, really happy with it but have one issue I am a little worried about..

Not sure if there is a thread already for something like this but if anyone can help or re-direct me that would be great :)

Basically my clock reading was in KM's when I bought it. It read 57500KM's, it was then changed in settings to miles but the figure stayed the same? I expceted it to reflect the number in miles not the same reading as KM's because when changed back to KM's it calcualted the reading from miles...
Now my KM reading is huge.. any ideas anyone?

Does this mean it was clocked?

Thanks
Emma
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

You can set the digital display of speed to read in miles or kilometres but for a UK car the odometer would stay in miles. As noted above more clarity as to the situation would be needed for a more definite response.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)