2012 qashqai rattle.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
corus1
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by corus1 »

Hi everybody I'm new to this site but I am completely beaten with this problem.the car has a rattle coming from outside sounds like from the back when you go over bumps. In the last week I have replaced front and rear drop links,rear shock absorbers,checked all the heat shielding,adjusted the tailgate,and today checked that the brake pads are not rattling.took the car out and it still rattles it sounds like a tinny rattle.it is definitely outside as you can't hear it when windows are shut.thanks very much and I hope somebody can help.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Corus1, firstly welcome please try entering in the “Search” Area “Rear Rattles” or similar as there are a lot of old posts on this problem which might well help, just needs some reading - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Davo

Post by Davo »

Hi Corus1
I had an annoying rattle which I did find at first difficult to locate. My problem was in the drivers side window
frame mechanism , I removed the door panel etc, with some great help with online video, I found a screw which bolts
the bracket to the door had worked loose , retightened the screw after applying some screw lock glue and all is now fine.
May not be your problem but worth a check .
Davo
Michel81
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Michel81 »

Just read on the Dutch forum that it could be from the rear axel/torsion axel...
That happend on a qq of 4 years old with 50000 km on it.
Worth to let it check out t your dealer
2015/2017 J10 Qashqai Connecta 360 black 1.2
03-2017/08-2018 J11 Qashqai Connecta Gun metal grey, designpack 10 year anniversary model. 1.2
08-2018 J11b Qashqai Tekna, design pack, led head lights, chestnut bronze, 1.2 Xtronic
Finland based
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

Hi,

It sounds like the problem I had with mine which was due to body flex, especially bad with the panorama roof models. Nearly drove me mad.

My local Nissan dealer in Melbourne immediately knew what it was and fitted the Nissan recommended body stiffening kit. It is now totally fine after a year or more.

This was all under warranty - so not sure how you will fare.

Apparently the previous model had a problem with the rear door catch that could make funny clicking noises as the body flexed.

So recommend a trip to the dealer - if they claim to be ignorant of the problem, probably worth going to a different one.

Good luck!
UziYaq
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by UziYaq »

Hi,

I am having the same problem and am curious to know if you found the problem?

I have a recording of mine, please let me know if it the same noise.

Please try and listen past the wind, the rattle type noise is there. I have had it checked by different mechanics and they can’t seem to find the fault.