My first Nissan , Qashqai owner and already unhappy

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

chrisw99 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 pm
gloucester wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm DaveBerlin - isn't that the extended warranty conditions you've posted?
Doesn't look like it - the first paragraph says for cars under 3 years old.
No - it say it's AVAILABLE under three years old - i.e. you take it out before the manufacturer's warranty expires.

Wheels are DEFINITELY covered under the original warranty - they're excluded on that listing.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

It actually says it's an extended warranty a bit further down.

Capture.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Cockerman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Cockerman »

Many thanks for the replies, what I don't understand is why change me £60 pounds to put it on the computer to check, just check it and tell me, I tried to argue but there comments was I could of took the wheel off myself fitted a non standard value then try to get a proper value for free, why would I,, for customer satisfaction for a small item why would they take this line
Tamtoot

Post by Tamtoot »

Cockerman,

If you have a look at the Chassis/Wheels/Tyres - Tyre Rotation & TPMS section on the Tech forum, you will see that I had exactly the same problem. With Nissan stating that non-standard valves had been fitted to my QQ 2017 J11b 1.6 Dci Tekna, purchased as a year old used vehicle.
I had one TPMS sensor & valve replaced which I paid for. When they removed the wheel of the unit which had packed up (front offside too...) , the TPMS sensor was found to have been rotating loose around inside the tyre.
As the TPMS system didn't re-activate, so rather than have Nissan investigate the other 3 wheels; to save a bit, I then had the other three wheels removed by a local tyre shop to check. They found all three TPMS (genuine Nissan ) sensors had also been flying about loose inside the tyres detached from their individual valve stem.
Until the first wheel TPMS pressure problem, all 4 had been working, showing their individual pressures - then the first one packed up, creating the warning light.
Following a long chat with a nice warranty manager at my Nissan dealership, they then replaced and fitted the other three TPMS units and re-activated the system under warranty.

How this occurred remains a mystery.

However, there may be a clue,...
I did intially visit another local Nissan dealership who advised that Nissan had issued a Service Bulletin to all dealers which indicated non-genuine TPMS VALVES have been found fitted to a number of vehicles returned to Nissan for repair under warranty claims. They would not show me the Service Bulletin as considered confidential to them.
I suggest you have the wheel removed and checked for a loose TPMS sensor. Also confirm the type of valves fitted. You may find you have a case...

Cheers,
Tamtoot
Tamtoot

Post by Tamtoot »

Cockerman,

Correction:
I suggest you have the wheel & TYRE removed and checked for a loose TPMS sensor. Also confirm the type of valves fitted. You may find you have a case...

Chers,

Tamtoot.
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

Any idea how to get Lookers of Leeds to respond to 6 requests for a cost to extend warranty? An email address for their dealer manager would be great...
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

It took me a MONTH of enquiries to get a response out of Wessex Gloucester - including a complaint to Nissan who wrongly referred me to the warrant y company!

I eventually got a response out of Wessex on the third visit - and the prices were a lot higher than others have been suggesting. For info I@ve copied it in here:
gloucester wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:51 am After a month spent trying to find out details of the Nissan Extended Warranty, being passed from pillar to post, I've eventually managed to get a quote.

A month ago I asked the dealer at the (early) three year service for details - they couldn't find any and promised to send details through.

Two weeks ago when the £800's worth of warranty works noted above was carried out I pointed out I hadn't received any details of the extended warranty and "I've been away for a week!" was the lame excuse. Again they couldn't find details.

I complained to Nissan via Facebook and quickly had a response. They said: "We're sorry to hear you've not received the extended warranty details that you've requested. Please contact our customer care team on 0330 123 1231 and they will look into this. Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-2pm Saturdays."

I rang that number - took two goes to get through. I was given another number to ring - 0844 573 8022 - I complained about the fact that was a premium rate number and that I shouldn't have to pay to find out the required information.

Googling revealed that the current number for Nissan Extended Warranty Administration is not that but 0344 573 8022 so I rang that. They politely but firmly said "Nothing to do with us mate - only dealers can give you details - we just administer on behalf of Nissan". This is despite the fact that number is mentioned on https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... ranty.html

So back to the dealer and eventually after a LOT of button pushing they found the details on their website. For my 1.2DigT Tekna on 19,500 miles the quote was starting 29/06/2018:

One year/80,000 - £377
Two years/100,000 - £747 (that's an extra £370)
Three years/125,000 - £1207 (that's an extra £460)

I've now discovered the "small print" at assets.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/Care_Warranty_Handbook.pdf

Anyway the end result is that regardless of the fact I've now got these figures, I'm fed up with Nissan and have been to a Suzuki dealer - test drive on Wednesday...