New to me Qashqai today.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Hi everyone, just this minute registered, picked up my car this morning, my first Qashqai.
Had a few Nissans over the years and a few Datsuns before that, Cherry, 120Y coupe, Datsun Violet, Micra and a Terrano LWB.
This is my first Qashqai, and so far it’s looking good, it’s the 1.5 DCI Acenta Premium (smart vision/comfort/Tech in magnetic red.
I’ve spent the last few hours setting things up, phone, individual settings etc and putting all my bits in.
I’m on a number of other forums and I know how things work, so I’ll try to use the search function before I ask questions, but I’m nearly 70 and struggle at times so please be patient.
I’m finding a few things confusing like voice activication which I assumed I had, but it doesn’t do a thing when I press the button so perhaps I don’t have it, but I’ll read the link I found on search first. My wife’s Hyundai I10 2015 has it ?
Anyway, looking forward to coming aboard and hopefully fitting in.
Steven.
Last edited by trout on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Had a 2017 1.5 dci Accenta premium with pan roof and vision pack. Now have 2020 1.3 Tekna .

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steven, firstly welcome to a very informative Forum. You seem to know the ropes by mentioning the use of the “Search” facility as that is where the facts are, if not just ask.
Now the subject you have mentioned regarding “Hands Free” or whatever you like to call it, is a very hot subject not only for U.K. QQ Owners. If you have not already found the Long Post I have attached it plus an update of what is supposedly in the “Pipe Line” as an upgrade. The weekend is coming my recommendation is, sit down, feet up, a couple of Beers and a long read and then ask your Dealer :roll:
Do not worry about the age there are still a few of us kicking around and enjoying life - I hope you find what you need Dave :D

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067#p53196

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6816#p57974
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
trout

Post by trout »

Cheers Dave, I’m away to my daughters for the weekend put a couple of hundred miles on the clock, and get a good feel for the car.
S.
Had a 2017 1.5 dci Accenta premium with pan roof and vision pack. Now have 2020 1.3 Tekna .