Tekna+ Petrol DIG-T 115 or DIG-T 163 - Decision Time

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
SuperKev1969
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by SuperKev1969 »

Hi

My wife and I have decided to buy the new Nissan Qashqai Tekna+ in Gun Metal but cannot decide on which petrol model to choose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevi

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Superkey, just a Tip if you have not already been informed by your Dealer then read the post attached. If you ask at present there are no Catologues available or Demonstration Models to view - reason being there is no 1,2L or 1,6L Engine now available.
These engines will be replaced by the newly, it’s been around a while at Renault by a Renault / Nissan / Mercedes 1,3L Engine. It was interesting for us also as we have the 1,2L and wanted the 1,6L but now it is a NoNo.
The new engine is more powerful with 140 & 160PS and there is a Renault DCT Auto Gearbox available. So my Tip is ask, wait, do not buy the older models that might be offered with Big Discounts due to the new WLTP Regs from Sept 1st which affects Petrol vehicles as they have to have now Particle Filters and there is a major delivery problem - hope this helps Dave :D

PS: you can also use “Search” if you need more facts on other posts ! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6747&p=57541&hilit ... +QQ#p57454
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Judging by the fact that I found my 1.2 perfectly acceptable for performance most of the time (though it really struggled on hills in cruise control, usually dropping out) it's strange that the replacement engines are rated so close - 140 or 160. I wouldn't have thought there's much in it in terms of performance or economy - unless the smaller one is specifically tuned/geared for economy with the larger one being specifically tuned/geared for performance.

In fact https://media.group.renault.com/global/ ... me-renault reveals there are many power levels available:

Under the bonnet of Renault Scénic, the engine will be available in a choice of four power outputs (115, 130, 140 and 160hp), with a maximum of 160 horsepower – an increase of 30hp compared with its predecessor. Peak torque stands at 270Nm, up 65Nm on the previous unit’s figure of 205Nm.

On Renault Captur, the 130hp engine – mated to manual transmission – will produce peak torque of 220Nm from 1,500rpm to 3,500rpm. The engine will also be available in a 150-horsepower variant (with EDC and manual transmission), with peak torque of 250Nm from 1,600rpm to 3,250rpm.

I've attached the engine characteristics from the Kadjar which can be had with 130 and 165 varients. Even between those two there's less than a second 0-62MPH and the standing kilometre is 30.1/31.5 - hardly noticeable in reality. Economy is slightly better with the lower powered engine - 50.4mpg compared to 47.1mpg, and the only significant difference appears to be a 20% higher towing load for the more powerful one.

kadjar.JPG

The price premium? Renault's confugurator which confusingly has engines of 140 and 160 (are these the ones being superseded perhaps?) shows a steep £1,300 surcharge!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, you are pretty damn quick with all your facts but the Nissan engines offered on the QQ as mentioned previously on what I have seen in B&W are only the 140 & 160PS versions, we are not talking about Renault Kadjar Models although the engines are supposedly a joint venture - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
SuperKev1969

Post by SuperKev1969 »

Thanks,

Interestingly, the dealer had indeed no brochures and we could only drive a diesel model they had in courtyard. I was told there was a couple of 1.2 dig-t cars available but I had to decide right away if I wanted one.

Do we know when the newer 140 or 160 versions will be available?

Are we talking months or years?

We were hoping to buy a new model for my wife's birthday in February.

Thanks again,

Kevi
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

DaveBerlin - I was merely illustrating that similar engines have little performance difference but significant monetary ones.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

SuperKev1969 - you'll have to ask it appears:
DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:58 pm Dalin, it looks like Gloucester has posted my recent facts. I also posted a comment last week that I had enquired about naturally now a 1,3L with the Renault DCT Auto Gearbox in a Tekna Spec with a quoted delivery of Dec 18.
The new engine if you have read the facts has two Specs 140 & 160PS and the Gearbox is also supposed to be good with a Sport Mode.
Gvmdaddy, from the information I have planned Deliveries are : 1,3L Man - Oct 18 / 1,3L DCT - Dec 18 / 1,5L DCi M - Aug / 1,5L DCi DCT - Jan 19 / 1,75L DCi M - Jan 19. As I mentioned orders are being taken with the lead times as stated or longer depending on volumes.
Gloucester, it does not only appear that Nissan have missed the boat, I was at Kia last week looking at a Niro Spirit SUV Hybrid and the delivery quoted was 4 months. It does appear that the manufacturers have been very relaxed on this Sept 1 Law and now it is beginning to hit as you said with lots of old models at discount prices. But who wants to buy non conforming vehicles with all these future restrictions - Diesel and now Petrol. This is a major problem as it affects virtually all models - Dave 🤨
DaveBerlin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:44 am Tophat57, sorry thought you might have missed the post. I believe production of existing models was stopped in June but I thought that ordering was then opened up for new models but with long long deliveries (remember these are German facts) normally much later than in the U.K. - Dave ☹️

Planned Sale Launch : 1,3L Oct / 1,5DCi Aug / 1,75 DCi Jan19 Manual just as an example
I suppose you can understand the logic from Nissan. They cannot keep manufacturing models that have an emission problem as customers (if they are informed ?) obviously would not buy them as they do not meet the new Spec / Law. Then there will be new vehicles parked up everywhere of which are no use.
When you think of the Logistics of shutting down Models to implement new, this must be a major problem not only for Nissan but also its suppliers. It is not only Nissan that is involved but All manufacturers. I would believe everybody is in the same Boat.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Kevi, I have had this information for some time in B&W but German Based and this is what I know for the 1,2L as we are also interested. Now again this might be different to the U.K. but when I asked for the 2nd time for a Tekna + the delivery stated was March 19. You can order here I have asked, but you have to sit on a PC with the Sales Guy and Spec it out. Do not forget there is a major delay on deliveries due to the new Spec for WLTP Start Sept 1st. I would suggest you sit down with your Dealer and ask the facts, because if you start adding extras this could also affect deliveries, give it a try - Dave :D

Visia : 140PS + Maual 6 Speed Box Oct 18
Acenta / N-Connecta / Tekna / Tekna +
Both the 140 + 160PS versions with a Manual 6 Speed Box are planned for Oct 18
The 160PS with the DCT Gearbox (Auto) are planned for Dec 18
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Kevi, I do not really think you need my information as I see My earlier facts have been used by Gloucester, I think I need to retire :roll: . Take a look at my new comment it might help - Dave
SuperKev1969

Post by SuperKev1969 »

Thanks all so much

Hold off till new petrol models come out

Hopefully I can get it ordered for my wife's birthday

Have a great day

Kevi