DPF? SOS for new Sad Member!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
MrMiles
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by MrMiles »

:cry:

2 months ago my Nissan Qashqai 2012 1.5dCi (74,000) car kicked into limp mode and displayed ESP off indicator and SLIP indicator both on.
Garage pursued a series of error codes (Yes it wasn't cheap) which in turn meant replacing:

• Glow plugs
• Exhaust pressure sensor
• Boost pressure sensor
• Turbocharger
• Air filter
• Oil filter

Over the past 4 weeks, I have had 3 instances where the engine management light has come back on. This only seems to happen whilst I'm doing around 70/80 mph down a dual carriage way.

The garage is struggling to find the cause, there is mention of over boosting but the only thing that seems to fix it at present is forced DPF regeneration but this seems to be very temperamental. First regeneration lasted 2 weeks, second lasted 6 days before the engine light came back on.

Any suggestions would be greatly received as its starting to get me down a little.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

EGR, Rear oxygen sensor, DPF.
To be honest, if your garage has replaced all you’ve mentioned and it’s still not right, then they don’t really know what they are doing. How much has it cost you up to now?
MrMiles
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by MrMiles »

Sadly I've parted with £1,180. (£700 of that was for the turbo replacement). :o

I bought the Qashqai as the wife and I are about to start a family and thought it would be the perfect car. We just seem to have not much luck with it.

Was hoping today someone maybe able to help point me in the right direction. 8-)
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Have a look at the link below. I had issues with my car with system faults and engine management lights. The error code was for exhaust gas pressure sensor... however, it wasn’t the sensor, it was a blocked pipe from the sensor to the manifold. I unblocked it and have had no problems since.

The link is -

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4994
2014 Qashqai Tekna