Returning "oldie"

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

Hi chaps,

I was a member on here a few years back. I'd just got a 63plte qashqai Tekna. I has some issues with it being dated by modern standards, (I don't think there is much argument to that given that it was right at the end of the "mk1's" run. The car didn't prove too reliable and I missed things I'd taken for granted on lesser speced european cars.

I've owned a Renault Kadjar for just over 2 years now. Essentially the same car. Time is coming up to change and without prejudice I'd like to throw in a few curved balls as inspite of the reservations I had back then, the latest option seems much more stylish and up to date. I'll pose this as observations on the old qashqai and the present kadjar;

I had the 1.6dci in the qq, the 1.5dci in the renny. My biggest issue was the noise from the 1.6, not only from the engine but also fom rattles from stones thrown up under the wheel arches. It was also the only car I've owned in over 20 years that showed significant transmission whine. The renny is silent. Have things changed?

The techy bits in the qq were dates but worked well, sat nav was superb. My early renny is very poor drops all info and has an antiquated satnav that can't even tell you what road you are on nor accept more than 4 digit postcodes for some rural areas.

The part leather seats in the renny are plastic, qq had full leather, very sweet but the heated backs etc was poor, have things improved.

I'd love there to be a hybrid on the horizon??, but failing that, I got overall equal (and better on a high speed run)mpg form the qq1.6 than the renny 1.5dci. What do others find??

Cheers, ps plenty of time before I change but Renault UK have let early Kadjar buyers down big style so little chance of staying with them plus the QQ looks a whole lot better than it did in "slab sided"form.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome back. I've recently got rid of my Qashqai owing to fears it was about to go wrong in a big way, and a total lack of faith in my dealer.

There are several topics here you should seek out, notably the fact that the entire engine line-up is in theory being changed from 1 September 2018 although having checked the Nissan website earlier today, it seems oblivious of any change in that respect.

Note also that on the current trim structure you'll have to go to the top grade Tekna+ to get full leather seats - at around £30k+. The Tekna's been downgraded to part leather with full leather not being an option on it or any lower grades.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Also welcome back. Just to aid a few comments at present there still does not appear to be any details on these new engines or changes but as I have mentioned before they are coming. If you have time take a look at these two recent posts which might update you or help - Dave :D
I am a bit surprised on your comments on the Kadjar as I thought that the QQ was the Big Problem SUV (for some). There are similiar comments on the QQ also - Problems / Dealers.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6747&p=57541&hilit ... +QQ#p57454

viewtopic.php?t=6816
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be of interest also as you mentioned Hybrid although very brief - Dave :D

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6805&p=58417&hilit ... 57913[code][/code]
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

Should be some good deals on any pre registered cars ie pre today, as models sold from 1/9/18
have to meet new EU emissions regime.
From September 1 2018, re new car sales only WLTP-homologated cars can be sold in Europe.
Last edited by Gel on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Like £10k off a 1.6 diesel Tekna...

https://www.wessexgarages.com/nissan/us ... dci-tekna/

Now once these are out of the way will secondhand prices recover I wonder?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

Gloucester, had picked up on the dumbing down in Tekna spec, seems industry wide at present.
Also engine changes/hybrids???? really needed plus reading comments from petrol engined owners on this and other forums, they are best avoided.

Gel, problem is that cars that meet new regs are worse economy wise for the owner, dozens of stories about "got 50 mpg before upgrade, now 45", etc etc"

I'm jumping the gun as the car gets changed mid next year, just don't want to be unhappy as with my last 2 new cars. Every brand seems to have a revolutionary revelation just around the corner, or am I being sceptical.

Thanks for the info so far.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

And what do you think you will get for your current car? I have a feeling your going to get a very bad deal unless you sell privately
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

And by that you mean????? Tell me anyone that doesn't feel shafted when part exchanging.
Not that it matters anyway as we lease via mobility so the forecast loses are factored in to the advance price you pay, no correction at change time.

What they have done in london today really does give the indication that at very least all non hybrid cars will be banned from many city areas, what will that do for used petrol and diesel prices?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I meant that your probably going to get extra shafted. I really don't know this, but I would guess the dealers will still want to maintain their margins.
cyclonebri1 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:16 am And by that you mean????? Tell me anyone that doesn't feel shafted when part exchanging.
Not that it matters anyway as we lease via mobility so the forecast loses are factored in to the advance price you pay, no correction at change time.

What they have done in london today really does give the indication that at very least all non hybrid cars will be banned from many city areas, what will that do for used petrol and diesel prices?