newbie to the forum and seeking advice on the trim at the bottom of the windscreen

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
grahammichael
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by grahammichael »

Hi everyone, i have a problem with the trim at the bottom of the windscreen /rear edge of bonnet. It is not fitting tight up against the bottom of the screen in two places. My car is a 2014 model under warrenty and i have had it back to the main dealer three times to try to remedy the problem.First time they restuck the trim but that didnt work, they then have replaced the trim twice more and I have just noticed that the problem has returned again after just one week. They have mentioned about taken photos and sending them to the warrenty company previously,but I just feel Im going around in circles and nobody seems to know how to resolve this issue.The other worrying thing is that my warrenty expires later this month and this problem needs sorting out before then.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Dont worry about the warranty. They have to honor the fault as you have reported it, even if its months & months after the warranty has expired as the repair has to be of good quality. Thats assuming your in the EU.
grahammichael wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:49 pm Hi everyone, i have a problem with the trim at the bottom of the windscreen /rear edge of bonnet. It is not fitting tight up against the bottom of the screen in two places. My car is a 2014 model under warrenty and i have had it back to the main dealer three times to try to remedy the problem.First time they restuck the trim but that didnt work, they then have replaced the trim twice more and I have just noticed that the problem has returned again after just one week. They have mentioned about taken photos and sending them to the warrenty company previously,but I just feel Im going around in circles and nobody seems to know how to resolve this issue.The other worrying thing is that my warrenty expires later this month and this problem needs sorting out before then.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mike, just enter in the “Search” Area “Windscreen Trim” you will find several posts on the same subject that might help you - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken