Newbie to Forum - Query re tyre size

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

I have a Kadjar at present fitted with 19" wheels and conti's. Previous car was a 63 plte qashqai tekna with 18"'s and whatever tyres were fitted at that time.
Just 2 comments from experience with both, the qashqai had better grip in winter than the Kadjar has, much better and the original qqq tyres had sidewall rim protector tyres, no rim damage at all. Problem was when I went to the Kadjar I kerbed a rim in the 2nd week of ownership. This wasn't a misjudgement of parking but the fact that I like others do tend to ride the kerb in tight parking spaces, the 18's could do it with no damage, the 19s can't. That probably does transfer from qq to kadjar.

The other point was the front 18's on the qq wore down and were changed at 13k miles, the rears were still like new. The kadjar is just about to have them changed at under 11k, not great considering i drive for economy almost all of the time.

And in case you are wondering I'm here as am considering the next change back to a qq, the qq was more comfortable but that was on slightly smaller tyres. Still waiting to hear from someone who went from the earlier to latest qq for comments and latest drive comfort new v old.

fbgqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by fbgqashqai »

I have had my NConnecta with 18 inch wheels now for 13 months and 10.5k miles and I have 6mm left on the front so I expect 20k+ from them. When I bought the car I looked at the higher spec models with 19 inch wheels and I concur that there is far more rim protection on the 18 inch wheels with standard fit tyres than the 19 inchers and this to me was one of the reasons I didn't go for the higher spec car. From the limited research into replacement tyres I have done so far I think the 18 inch tyres of the same manufacture/model are quite a bit cheaper although I am not expecting to look any closer for another year or so.
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver
cyclonebri1

Post by cyclonebri1 »

Again if similar in width etc as the kadjar the 19's are hellishly expensive and only available in a few options, many over on their forum have changed back to 17's, or have spare 17'3 for winter use.