New Man.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
KEITHH
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by KEITHH »

Hi Guys.
I joined the forum because I have some information which may save members lots of money on air con repairs.
I have a 2014 Qashqai 1.5 diesel which is obviously out of warranty. As members probably know, there is a problem with the air con condensers.
This failure must run into thousands of cars.
I had my problem looked into 3 months ago and was told it needed re-gassing. Despite protestations that there was an inherent problem, I ended up paying £150 for the re-gas.
Of course, 3 months later the air con is not working again.
The dealer supposedly contacted Nissan who agreed to pay half the cost. Not happy with this, I raised a complaint with Nissan customer services,
Tel 01923 899999.
I spoke to a very nice lady there who said this should not arise as dealers have a budget in place from Nissan to pay for the condenser repairs. She has raised a complaint against the dealer for trying to con £364 out of a loyal Nissan customer!
So, long story short- Nissan recognise the air con problem and are happy to pay for it. If you have a greedy dealer who kindly agrees to pay only half, make sure you stick to your guns and threaten to raise a complaint with Nissan (number above)!
Hope it helps! p.s. I'll cut and paste this into the relevant forum