New Member looking for advice please

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Laura777
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Laura777 »

Hello All,

I'm just looking for some advice please, I've recently bought a 2015 1.2 petrol Dig-T Acenta Qashqai from an approved Nissan garage. I've had the car just under a month and I've noticed a few things that i'm not sure if they are normal or not for this model/age of car:

When starting the engine a loud whiny sound comes from the engine
The eco stop/start does not seem consistant & rarely works
When sat stationary in traffic out of gear with the handbrake on the car shudders & shakes
When accelerating a loud whistling noise comes from the engine, is this normal & could it just be the turbo? Does anyone elses car do this?

We also had a problem where we were stopped at traffic lights on a slight hill & the handbrake was applied, I went to set off on the green light thinking the auto release would take it off & the handbrake would not release, even when pushing the handbrake button. Obviously we weren't very popular at the lights, eventually we decided to turn the car on & off again & the car still felt stuck but after pressing the accelerator fairly hard we were on our way. Its not happened since but it was very worrying at the time.

I have reported all of these issues to the garage & taken it in for them to look at & they say everything is fine, so i'm just looking for some advice from fellow Qashqai owners.

Thanks in advance

Laura

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Electronic Parking Brake will only manually release if you have the foot brake on. The auto hold function sometimes can require a bit more throttle to disengage the epb.
Laura777

Post by Laura777 »

gvmdaddy wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:35 pm Electronic Parking Brake will only manually release if you have the foot brake on. The auto hold function sometimes can require a bit more throttle to disengage the epb.
Thank you! I don't suppose you have any advise on my other issues do you?
Gel

Post by Gel »

Use the SEARCH box to see multiple earlier posts on STOP/ START. It's related to state of your battery; my dealer has fitted
a new one for me, and it's noticeable immediately that the STOP/ START is now far more active than it has been for years.
Get yours tested at dealer.
Your model year did have some battery issues (on some production) and many owners within the guarantee period and had to call Nissan Recovery (RAC), who are authorised to replace FOC if battery deemed faulty.
Shudder + shake isn't normal; report to dealer, and whining.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Stop/Start hardly ever worked on my car.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Laura777

Post by Laura777 »

Gel wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 pm Use the SEARCH box to see multiple earlier posts on STOP/ START. It's related to state of your battery; my dealer has fitted
a new one for me, and it's noticeable immediately that the STOP/ START is now far more active than it has been for years.
Get yours tested at dealer.
Your model year did have some battery issues (on some production) and many owners within the guarantee period and had to call Nissan Recovery (RAC), who are authorised to replace FOC if battery deemed faulty.
Shudder + shake isn't normal; report to dealer, and whining.
Thank you, I've just had the car delivered back to me from the dealers & they say nothing is wrong after running the diagnostic tests. I'm going to take it to a third party garage & see if they can solve the issues.