Battery flat car 5 months old bought Sept 2018

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Nel »

This is my fourth Qashquai brought new September 2018 after persuasion from dealer to trade my two year old one in. In the last two weeks have had a flat battery twice. RAC called first time recharged battery car was fine for two weeks then whilst driving warning light came on no key detected. The following morning battery completely flat. Taken back to Nissan Saturday. Car was looked at Monday and today and I was told battery was flat and not properly charged the first time. They cannot find anything wrong or why the battery went flat in the first place. Various suggestions from them the cold weather , I left something on , didn't lock the car. I am not buying any of this and extremely disappointed with the customer service. Car coming back tomorrow lets see what happens next!
Checked these forums and noticed battery problems never had any trouble with my other cars.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dealer has presumably checked alternator output, so can you try locking your
QQ but with interior ultrasonic sensor switched off
ie as when you leave car parked with a dog left in the car.

Does that help?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Joeblunt

Post by Joeblunt »

I'm having trouble with my Battery, I do about 400 miles a week so it gets plenty of Charging but twice the battery has gone flat and I have had to call out the RAC (All they did was charge my battery) Surely a 2017 car shouldn't have the battery failing like this? I have had many cars in my lifetime but have never had this problem with an old car never mind a 20 month old car.
2017 N-Connecta 1.6 Diesel Auto
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

I had the Fiamm battery on my Qashqai which failed after 6 months on a brand new car. The RAC replaced it without quibble on the drive and checked that nothing had had flattened it.
Not sure why this can still be happening after all the bad publicity
2019 Tekna+ , white 160 hp 1.3 litre with DCT auto box
Joeblunt

Post by Joeblunt »

I can understand an old car / Battery failing in the cold but, perhaps one that doesn't do much mileage or short trips but my car done 1,428 miles in January and so far 250 miles in February so it's getting plenty of charging, never used the cig lighter socket in the car so it must be the battery?
2017 N-Connecta 1.6 Diesel Auto
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This QQ Battery Problem has most probably been one of the biggest topics on the Forum. Nissan know the problem it was originally the FIAMM Batteries that supposedly had a “Bad Batch”. Whether or not you have a Guarantee left I would get down to your Dealer and ask for a replacement, you could of course get onto NCS also. Also as mentioned many times the RAC also change them for you in the UK. Ours was changed here a couple of years back and we have had no problems since - Dave 😉
There are several posts under “Search” if interested !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
alexnic

Post by alexnic »

I had to call out the RAC yesterday (via NISSAN Breakdown) for a flat battery, guy checked it and confirmed a faulty battery (car just over 2-yrs old and 14680 miles on the clock).
He did say that there was a problem with the NISSAN / Renault batteries and lost count of the number he had changed over the last year so it's a known problem.
He did have another new upgraded VARTA battery in the van BUT... a new policy comes into force TODAY specifying that these new ones are to be fitted so he could not fit one yesterday even tho' the original has a faulty cell!...had to transfer the job for another call out today for someone else to come out and fit the new type this morning under warranty. :x
Not overly happy that I had to wait + the 2nd engineer had to go thro' all the tests again and informed me that if it passes which it may well do as it had been boost charged up, then he couldn't fit a new one ....can only do so if the 'computer says - replace battery' fortunately it did :D and it's done now so mobile again, happy too that no radio code is needed or new battery has to be calibrated to the ECU system...was a bit concerned about that.
Going back to the original note on this thread.... this all started months ago with 'no key detected' errors coming up!
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Had My Battery changed few weeks back, same as others failed dealer wanted to charge me £120 to replace.
Nissan definitely have a problem with Qashqai and there Batteries failing.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Tonyw2001

Post by Tonyw2001 »

Bought mine in 2017 sudden flat battery replaced by RAC no problems since-told by RAC man big problem with these cars!
Glenn1961

Post by Glenn1961 »

Same problem called RAC twice, problem was faulty fiamm battery’s dealer replaced with new under warranty no problem since 👍