Not sure what's wrong with our air con/fan unit

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
KMW
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by KMW »

Hi there,

I don't know much about these things I'm afraid! I'm hoping someone can advise on our problem.

We have a 2013 Qashqai i360.

A year ago, the air conditioning fan seemed to lose strength and the air coming out stopped being really cold. We had it regassed which improved the air con temp but not really back to the original ice coldness.

The fan, however, seems to have lost strength somewhat also. It blows OK if you have it on only your face or if you have it only on your legs but if you put it on the dual function that should mean you get good strength air blowing at you both on face and legs, there is hardly any air coming out of the face direction. It also seems to gain strength of blowing only after we have been driving some time and not immediately one gets in the car. This is also not what it used to be. Sometimes it works better and then other times not so well and you can hear the fan speed revving up and then slowing down again as the car is driving along.

This was a problem last summer here in London where it was very hot for 6 weeks and I have MS so need reliable cold air con with reliable strong air flow on both face and legs.

The garage (main dealer) has not been able to identify a specific problem with the system but has suggested replacing the entire fan unit to see if that would help but this is expensive and we can't be sure it is not necessarily the actual fan unit that is the problem or maybe something else eg electrics or blockage of some sort.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on here and whether it would be worth doing as they say and getting the expensive fan unit replaced?

Many thanks in advance for comments, Kirsten

KMW
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by KMW »

Any ideas anyone??