NissanConnect / You+

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
yost72
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by yost72 »

Is there a difference between NissanConnect and You+. When I got my new Qashqai I tried to set up my NissanConnect account online using the instructions which came with the car. I have created an account, entered the reg and VIN, and on the 'dashboard' it shows my vehicle as 'connected' and status as 'active'. There is a connect button and when I click on that I get an error message, but I guess this might be because I am already connected?

Anyway, when I try to log in to NissanConnect using the Android app (and also online) it tells me my email or password is incorrect. However, this is not right as I am entering the correct details. Does anyone else know what I need to do to resolve? I did email Nissan with a description of this issue but haven't had a response.

Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

It seems Nissan Connect apps has a password of its own, ie it isn't the same one as You+.

Did u get this solved?

I set all mine the same in readiness for collecting the car on Friday.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

To be perfectly honest You+ is a waste of time. It promised so much when it first came out but sadly it does next to nothing.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

gvmdaddy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:04 am To be perfectly honest You+ is a waste of time. It promised so much when it first came out but sadly it does next to nothing.
Thats right!
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
yost72

Post by yost72 »

I called Nissan's customer services and was told someone would call me back within 3 days because the person I spoke to couldn't help. That was last Tuesday. I had also sent a couple of emails a fortnight ago which weren't responded to. None of this inspires much confidence. From what I have since read, the whole NissanConnect / You+ thing seems to be a bit of a farce, and therefore it doesn't seem worth chasing up. All a bit disappointing, especially with the sat nav seemingly being a bit useless.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Seriously, its never been updated and is not worth the bother. Android / Apple car systems are far better.
yost72 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:14 pm I called Nissan's customer services and was told someone would call me back within 3 days because the person I spoke to couldn't help. That was last Tuesday. I had also sent a couple of emails a fortnight ago which weren't responded to. None of this inspires much confidence. From what I have since read, the whole NissanConnect / You+ thing seems to be a bit of a farce, and therefore it doesn't seem worth chasing up. All a bit disappointing, especially with the sat nav seemingly being a bit useless.
yost72

Post by yost72 »

Daewar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm Seriously, its never been updated and is not worth the bother. Android / Apple car systems are far better.

Sadly, mine is a 2018 model so doesn't have Android Auto.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I feel for you, but it is not going to get any better than what you have now. I would not fret over what you don't have & just enjoy what you have. I think the satnav is ok, the Bluetooth phone calling is ok, you can load lots of music onto a USB stick that makes the CD player redundant & the FM radio is good.
yost72 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:36 pm
Daewar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm Seriously, its never been updated and is not worth the bother. Android / Apple car systems are far better.

Sadly, mine is a 2018 model so doesn't have Android Auto.