Qashqai 1.5 dCi 2010 Juddering after software update recall

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ajay
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Ajay »

My car was absolutely fine until the software recall then immediately after having it done the car sounded rough and the spanner service light was on. I returned to the dealership straight away but was told it was fine the service light was just a coincidence and if there was a problem the software update wouldn’t have completed!? The juddering and rough sounding engine continued particularly when driving between 50-70mph. I had a major service completed, new battery (as the car system indicated a mid electronics fault) and a new fuel filter incase a blockage was causing the lack of power issue. The car is still juddering at speed and Nissan are not forth coming in helping! Anyone else experiencing the same??? It’s very frustrating and I simply don’t feel safe driving the car!

trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Ridiculous situation, I’d ask them to remove the last update if that’s possible and see if it returns to normal.
S.
Had a 2017 1.5 dci Accenta premium with pan roof and vision pack. Now have 2020 1.3 Tekna .
Ajay
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Ajay »

They can’t revert it apparently and denied any problems occurring after the software update and also refused to look at my vehicle without a diagnostic charge...until I kicked off! Finally after I wouldn’t let it drop that their is an issue I they told me Nissan have had issues with the engine being more noisy after the update and the judder is due to the injectors settling into a new program!! It can take some time and cures quicker with motorway driving!? However I have already completed 1,000miles since the update and still have the same problem!!! Fuming they tried to fob me off like an idiot and still haven’t said how many miles it will take for the problem to resolve itself....if it does at all??
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Ajay, sounds like your being played as a fool that your not. Try contacting Nissan & raising a complaint.
Ajay wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:26 pm They can’t revert it apparently and denied any problems occurring after the software update and also refused to look at my vehicle without a diagnostic charge...until I kicked off! Finally after I wouldn’t let it drop that their is an issue I they told me Nissan have had issues with the engine being more noisy after the update and the judder is due to the injectors settling into a new program!! It can take some time and cures quicker with motorway driving!? However I have already completed 1,000miles since the update and still have the same problem!!! Fuming they tried to fob me off like an idiot and still haven’t said how many miles it will take for the problem to resolve itself....if it does at all??