Alarm

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Does anyone have trouble with alarm keep coming on for no reason on new qashqai tekna 1.6 it's sitting in my driveway with no one near it when it comes onBomber2014-05-25 18:48:16

Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Yes a double bleep for no reason. Still trying to fathom out what l am doing wrong. This happens when just driving along as normal. Drives me crazy.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
john w

Post by john w »

[quote="Toffeeggs"] Yes a double bleep for no reason. Still trying to fathom out what l am doing wrong. This happens when just driving along as normal. Drives me crazy.[/QUOTE] sure thats not one of the driving aids your hearing lane departure maybe not had any trouble with actual alarm
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

[quote="Toffeeggs"]Yes a double bleep for no reason. Still trying to fathom out what l am doing wrong. This happens when just driving along as normal. Drives me crazy.[/QUOTE]
When it happens next look at display behind steering wheel; does it show message warning??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

It's not a noise while driving it's the main alarm that you get when someone is tampering with car.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Oh I see!Hopefully dealer analytics may show which sensor is causing it to trigger?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
korky

Post by korky »

Hi Bomber not had problems with parents Tekna and alarm.
ExFord

Post by ExFord »

Hi Bomber. I picked up my Qashqai last Friday and did not have any problems for the first two days but last night, when the car was sitting locked up on my drive, the alarm went off. As I was in the house I used the remote fob to deactivate the alarm/unlock the car.As I had a few things to do I didn't go out to the car straight away (as I could see there was no one interfering with the car) but before I could get out to the car it went off again after about 30 minutes.Again used the remote to silence the alarm. When I did get to check the car over all seemed ok - all doors/windows were closed.We had been out earlier and parked near a local canal and the air was humming with all sorts of flying bugs that all seemed to be attracted to the inside of our car. As we drove home there was a large midge in the car that just couldn't be persuaded to leave.Although I couldn't see it, thought the midge may still be in the car and be the cause of the false alarm and, as it was getting late in the day decided I didn't want to upset my neighbours during the night with my car alarm, decided to take the car out for a quick spin with all the windows open to see if I could flush the blighter out (well that was my excuse to the wife for going out on my own in the car for the first time at night - really impressed with the headlights!).Not sure if it worked (or if indeed there was still a midge in the car or even if it would be capable of triggering the alarm) so I deactivated the interior sensors for the night.To the best of my knowledge it didn't go off during the night. Went to work today and parked where car could be seen and haven't had any alarms today. Hopefully it was just a blip.Prior to this happening I did have a couple of queries about the alarm and indications when locking/unlocking the car that the manual doesn't answer (or at least I can't find) and I was going to query with the dealership.The first one is when I lock or unlock the car the indicators flash (as per the manual) but my front (DRL's) and rear sidelights come on and stay on for about 10 seconds - is this normal? Secondly when the car is locked the NATS light (car symbol with key inside within the rev counter dial) flashes rapidly for about 5 seconds before slowing to steady flash - again is this normal? Hopefully you'll get to the bottom of your problem and I'll let you know if I have any further problems and if/how resolved.This my first posting so apologies if I've rambled on a bit - never joined any forums before.
2014 Qashqai Tekna 1.5dCi Gunmetal
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

It might sound funny, but I did not know that 2014 model comes with alarm (theft protection). At least I do not see it in specs for the model sold in our country, so this might be another difference between models sold across EU countries.I guess I will have to ask my local dealer or will eventually find out by my own, once the car actually arrives.Maybe someone from Nissan internal staff can clarify this.Sorry for a bit of out of topic post.
th0mps0n2014-05-27 22:51:51
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

yes some models do get an alarm as when the battery is connected near the end of the line it goes off !! doesnt sound that loud tho dare say at night it may while on a noisy production line its not that loud..!!