Nissan Connect problems

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
D.Duck
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by D.Duck »

Hi all, I have just joined the forum so this is my first question. I purchased my Qashqai in 2015, I have been happy with it but over the last year the audio drops out and comes back a couple of minuets later, it has been back to the dealer twice for updates but the problem is still happening. The third time I took it back the dealer took it out and sent it to the manufacture for repair, three weeks later it was refitted, it is now 100% worse as now the screen keeps going blank and when it comes back on the text is pink, if you turn the ignition off and back on the unit may or may not work at all, and of cause this also means the satnav does not work, am I the only one with this issue? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
EllisHoneycutt
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EllisHoneycutt »

D.Duck wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm Hi all, I have just joined the forum so this is my first question. I purchased my Qashqai in 2015, I have been happy with it but over the last year the audio drops out and comes back a couple of minuets later, it has been back to the dealer twice for updates but the problem is still happening. The third time I took it back the dealer took it out and sent it to the manufacture for repair, three weeks later it was refitted, it is now 100% worse as now the screen keeps going blank and when it comes back on the text is pink, if you turn the ignition off and back on the unit may or may not work at all, and of cause this also means the satnav does not work, am I the only one with this issue? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Hi everyone, I have also just joined the forum. Even I have purchased Qashqai in 2014 and started facing quite similar issues refitted the audio two three times.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome - check out the relevant topics on this forum
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
JeffreyMcGaha

Post by JeffreyMcGaha »

D.Duck wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm Hi all, I have just joined the forum so this is my first question. I purchased my Qashqai in 2015, I have been happy with it but over the last year the audio drops out and comes back a couple of minuets later, it has been back to the dealer twice for updates but the problem is still happening. The third time I took it back the dealer took it out and sent it to the manufacture for repair, three weeks later it was refitted, it is now 100% worse as now the screen keeps going blank and when it comes back on the text is pink, Agoc Travelif you turn the ignition off and back on the unit may or may not work at all, and of cause this also means the satnav does not work, am I the only one with this issue? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
No bro you are not only with this issue. I am also one of those who face this problem. I have also repaired my Qashqai three times and now also I can see the symptoms that it will break up with me. I think this car is not a perfect deal to buy.
AdamWitty

Post by AdamWitty »

gloucester wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:07 pm Welcome - check out the relevant topics on this forum
Yeah sure I heard about this forum a lot from my friends.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I think I have to state that my near 2 year old QQ (12k miles) now causes me slight concern as regards the ICE unit. Yesterday the unit failed to boot on engine start and remained with the daft Nissan logo showing. No pressing buttons or gear shifting moved it on. Just an engine shutdown and re-start. I think thats the first time for me and apart from the stupid DAB system (dropouts).

This is the ICE with F16A s/w and 037 h/w and could be the last such configuration before the current newer Android type Infotainment thing.

I won't speculate on this. I'll be going to service in about 2 months so will see what the game is. Or if it happens again I'll be at Nissan direct.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

My QQ had something similar happen. It just had the Nissan logo appear on the 7" touchscreen for ages. Also, the digital screen in front of the steering wheel remained blank. A few days later, the battery failed and had to be replaced :(

P.S. this was a couple of weeks after its second service :?

calnorth wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 am I think I have to state that my near 2 year old QQ (12k miles) now causes me slight concern as regards the ICE unit. Yesterday the unit failed to boot on engine start and remained with the daft Nissan logo showing. No pressing buttons or gear shifting moved it on. Just an engine shutdown and re-start. I think thats the first time for me and apart from the stupid DAB system (dropouts).

This is the ICE with F16A s/w and 037 h/w and could be the last such configuration before the current newer Android type Infotainment thing.

I won't speculate on this. I'll be going to service in about 2 months so will see what the game is. Or if it happens again I'll be at Nissan direct.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Sandgrounder wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:02 pm My QQ had something similar happen. It just had the Nissan logo appear on the 7" touchscreen for ages. Also, the digital screen in front of the steering wheel remained blank. A few days later, the battery failed and had to be replaced :(

P.S. this was a couple of weeks after its second service :?
calnorth wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 am I think I have to state that my near 2 year old QQ (12k miles) now causes me slight concern as regards the ICE unit. Yesterday the unit failed to boot on engine start and remained with the daft Nissan logo showing. No pressing buttons or gear shifting moved it on. Just an engine shutdown and re-start. I think thats the first time for me and apart from the stupid DAB system (dropouts).

Thanks for the info...forgot to look at the centre screen. I'll start checking the standing Batt volts before cranking from now.

Cheers
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta