Newbie just ordered via drivethedeal

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Hi all.

Placed my order for a 1.6 Tekna 2wd in white yesterday, via drivethedeal.com. Can't wait to join you all on the road later in the year!
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.

korky

Post by korky »

Welcome along and congrats!

How have you found the DtD process so far? I looked at a new car through them but was lucky enough that the local dealer after some persuasion got very close to the price for me so didn't have to use DtD in the end
Toxteth O'Grady

Can't fault them so far.

Did an awful lot of research beforehand to check out their bona fides. Spoke to my local dealer to see if they could match the DtD price but they simply said they couldn't come close and warned me to be "careful" if I went with an internet broker. Nothing I hadn't already gleaned from my own research - pre-registered cars being the main issue, which is something DtD make perfectly clear they don't get involved in (and go so far as to explain the risks of buying a pre-registered car on their site).

Within half an hour of clicking the Buy button I was called by DtD to explain the process to me, check the details of the car I'd ordered and to ask if I had any questions. £200 deposit taken on my credit card, so I now have the benefit of full protection from my credit card company if anything goes wrong.

Next stage is for the supplying dealer to contact me which I'm told will be early next week.

So it's all gone as stated on their website at the moment, which mirrors the many complimentary comments I've found about them on various websites. What Car and Honest John both endorse DtD which is reassuring too.

Exciting times!
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

did they tell you what is the waiting time for that model?
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
Toxteth O'Grady

They said approx 12 weeks but that the dealer would be able to confirm. From what I've gathered from this forum, I'm expecting no sooner than October
iMike

Post by iMike »

Ive used DtD for my QQ and another previous car, never had any problems and like you i did my research first.
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I used another one, and they too took cr. card deposit which protects transactions; think limit is £30k. http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/nissan.htm I never had any contact with dealer at all, save for their name being on tax disc holder!This is first car I've had where supplying dealer & date isn't shown in service book; guess all on line now.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

I hope you paid no more than £22,601 for this as i could have saved you £3,978...
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

That's a 15% discount.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

yeh thats all we can get at the moment as its still high demand/quite new - old model was 20% for f+f and 22-24% for personal purchase - this one 15% f+f and 18% personal