First time Nissan owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
phatboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phatboy »

Hi all,

So, having finally decided that 1 car was not enough with 2 kids, we went searching for a new car.

Funnily enough, we were all set to buy a Kia Sportage... until we test drove it and absolutely hated it. Took a 2017 Qashqai N Connecta for a drive as it was there, and wow, we loved it.

So we now have a gunmetal grey 2018 N Connecta with panoramic sunroof being imported for us from the UK to Jersey. Delivery is due in 2 - 3 weeks.

Previously, I've only ever owned Fords, but huge and expensive post-warranty issues with our current one made me not even consider one this time. Well, I also briefly owned a Mitsubishi Evo VIII, but then things changed and I had to be sensible again.

I'll no doubt be making a bit of a nuisance of myself around here, however my modding days are well behind me now, maybe with the odd exception ;)

I am however going to be needing to buy a few bits:
- Spare wheel kit (How on earth they come without one is criminal!)
- Rear bumper upper protector
- Side steps (the kids need it, one fell out of the car on the test drive!)
- LED boot light (the cheapest eBay option, did me fine on the last car

Cheers!
Tim
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160

trout

Post by trout »

Surprised you didn’t like the Sportage, I spent years and over 150000 miles in one without a hic up.
Side steps are a pain, I wouldn’t bother, Ali Express is good for add ons, boot protector etc.
Spare wheel kits come up on here regularly keep your eyes peeled.
Enjoy the vehicle.
S.
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

trout wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:09 pm Surprised you didn’t like the Sportage, I spent years and over 150000 miles in one without a hic up.
Side steps are a pain, I wouldn’t bother, Ali Express is good for add ons, boot protector etc.
Spare wheel kits come up on here regularly keep your eyes peeled.
Enjoy the vehicle.
S.
The older Sportage's looked better really.... the 2017 ones we tried had a very high, square dash. Coupled with a non-height adjustable passenger seat, my wife was seeing half dash, half road. Also things like keyless ignition, cruise control, were extras not on the used models they had, and the dash layout just seemed overly complex with lots of identical buttons with small text. Engine wise, it was reasonable, but non-turbo petrol unless we wanted a 'sporty' model.

I read the issues with side steps, but when the kids are not able to get in, I am struggling for other options!

I have my eyes well peeled for the spare wheel kit :)

Tim
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Does the fact that the car's being imported from Jersey mean it's an ex-rental car. Mine was - the only problem was the state of the wheels - three were poor - I suspect the fourth had already been replaced. The garage replaced the other three.

Just train the kids - saves the cost of steps.

I've installed a magnetically-attached rechargeable motion-detecting LED light in my Ignis's boot. Great.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

It's being imported TOO Jersey from the UK ;)
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

gloucester wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:22 am Does the fact that the car's being imported from Jersey mean it's an ex-rental car. Mine was - the only problem was the state of the wheels - three were poor - I suspect the fourth had already been replaced. The garage replaced the other three.
Imported TO Jersey like @Noddy1875 says :)

Likely an ex-hire or ex-company car I'm told. I'm assured it will be as a new car would be, and any damage repaired.

Most of the hire cars here are Fords, and I understand there is some sort of VAT-hack which works for Ford UK!

Tim