Hello. Just bought a Qashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
stevepump
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by stevepump »

Just here to introduce myself. Bought a 2014 black 1.6 dci 4x4 a couple of weeks ago. So far very impressed. Love the cream half leather interior - even though it comes with a stain on the passenger seat! Really love the parking camera, especially the segment on the screen that shows the car from above, how clever is that! No more excuses for picking up parking dings! Electric folding mirrors are also really handy. Biggest surprise was finding a button that looks the same as the heated screen button on my beloved Focus Zetec (more on that later). Now I thought this was feature was only found on Fords and brands that were at some point owned by Ford(Jaguar, Volvo), here in the UK we're enjoying a scorcher of a summer, so no need to use it yet.

So far the only real downside to having the Qashqai is that I traded in my Focus Zetec for it. Now this car was nothing fancy but it never let me down. I bought it when it was 5 years old and kept it for 8 years. It passed every Mot and I only ever bought new tires for it. I never even needed new bulbs of any sort. But it was getting old and I knew I was pushing my luck - hence the Qashqai. The ride in the Focus was slightly better and the steering more involving with better feedback than the Qashqai - I do find the Quasqai steering a little woolly, but it's a minor gripe. Of more concern is an occasional issue with the locking, when pressing the lock button on the fob after exiting the car it just beeps, three longish beeps followed by a few short ones. I'm hoping it just needs a new battery.

Anyway that's all from me for now - I intend spending a bit of time on the forum so I can get to know the car and will likely have some questions at some point. Steve

Glenn1961

Post by Glenn1961 »

Welcome mate, we are all here for help and advice, enjoy 👍
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, firstly welcome to the Forum, over the last 4 - 5 years there has been a vast amount of technical info’ and advice under “Search” but it takes time obviously to find and read but there was a post recently on removing “Sick” from Leather Seats perhaps this or the website just enter “leather seat stain removal” and there is a lot of facts which might help you - Good Luck Dave 😊

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8374&p=68810&hilit=Leather+cleaning#p67106
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

stevepump wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:28 pm ... Love the cream half leather interior - even though it comes with a stain on the passenger seat! ...
Your car must have been retrimmed! It was only available in 2014 with black leather.

Grey Alcantara was introduced as an option sometime in 2015 (for MY16? It's not featured in the one I have dated 1/1/15) and at £495 extra for, effectively, just a different colour it's not seen much.

Capture.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
stevepump

Post by stevepump »

Thanks for the replies, and Dave the link will save me seaching - cheers!
Regarding the cream interior, I really have no idea if it was originally part of the car, but from memory it's the same as the interior in the pic. I notice that car is a special edition like mine - there's a little badge in front of the gear stick. So maybe leather was part of the upgrade. Not sure
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Steve, well it looks like you have a unique QQ Model called the Nissan Qashqai Premier Limited Edition. There were actually Specials produced in 2013 could this be yours ? - Dave 😉

Just 2007 examples were available for Nissan owners wanting the ultimate in new Qashqai exclusivity. Each car bears its own numbered badge, with each owner guaranteed a place in Nissan history as one of the very first owners of the next generation Qashqai. Equipment unique to the Premier Limited Edition includes special part leather and Alcantara trim, a dark roof liner, custom dark carpets, chrome side door sills, front lip and tailgate lower finisher and special Premier-branded kick plates. The stone coloured seats surrounded by the black carpet and black headliner provide a striking contrast, while each model features a numbered badge.
The Premier Limited Edition Qashqai is available in a choice of four colours: Pearl White, Night Shade, Metallic Black and Metallic Red. All Premier Limited Edition models are powered by a 1.6 dCi engine and feature Nissan's advanced ALL-MODE 4x4-i system as standard.

https://europe.nissannews.com/en-GB/releases/release-111938-new-nissan-qashqai-premier-limited-edition

35A51034-7EC9-47D4-BD94-C0D2E8DB96B0.jpeg

6A556BF6-1EBD-4172-8389-91F9B75C0465.jpeg

36E0910F-55C1-4A26-AF22-6439A65E0EE5.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Sorry - I forgot about the Premier edition.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

In the UK it was only available in Black:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-nissan-qashqai-premier-edition-announced

The new Nissan Qashqai will be launched in limited-run Premier Edition form first, it has been revealed.

Nissan says that just 2007 Premier Edition models will be built to celebrate the new Qashqai, with just 290 available in the UK. Furthermore, until the end of the year those models are only available to existing Nissan owners. The first Qashqai was launched in 2007.

The model is powered by a 128bhp 1.6-litre dCi turbodiesel engine which features Nissan's All-Mode four-wheel drive system. The unit is capable of returning up to 64.2mpg and emits 115g/km of CO2.

The Premier Edition is based on the already range-topping Tekna specification, which comes with 19-inch alloy wheels, LED headlamps and roof rails on the exterior, and heated front seats, integrated sat-nav and a panoramic glass roof inside.

In addition, the Premier Edition comes with a special part-leather interior, custom carpets and a bespoke roof lining on the inside. On the outside, the special gets chromed side door sills, a new front lip and lower tailgate finish and special kick plates.

Each model also gets a numbered badge, marking it out as one of the Premier Edition models.

The car will only be available in black. While Nissan hasn't revealed pricing for the Premier Edition, prices for the standard Qashqai start at £17,595.
stevepump

Post by stevepump »

Yes, that chimes. It was registered in March 2014 so would likely have been made in 2013. Dave you're a fountain of knowledge! I can't believe I've got myself one of only 290 in UK. I wasn't really looking for something high spec - just knew the Focus was coming to the end of its life and needed something with a bit of ground clearance. I was considering a Mitsubishi Asx before chancing upon the QQ. Thanks for the pics Dave and Gloucester for the Autocar link - been very educational for me!
stevepump

Post by stevepump »

OP here... So my love affair with the QQ is over, at least temporarily. This afternoon it wasn't accelerating properly on leaving home, thought nothing of it at first, just that it was a bit sluggish - as my Ford Focus could be at times (especially on cold mornings). Then on leaving a round-about after driving for about 2 mins it was barely accelerating at all. 'This ain't right' I thought, just a few meters further on I lost power completely. I got it started a couple of times but it would cut out again after a few seconds. Didn't notice any of the dashboard lights on start-up, thought something about the chassis flashed up before it conked out completely - but at that point a few lights were flashing. I'm really perplexed -as was the tow truck guy. The QQ is currently spending a night in a local garage. I'm about to have a look over the forum and delve into the search function, if that fails I'll be regurgitating this message in a new thread