New owner '69 plate

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
AlreadyWonB4
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by AlreadyWonB4 »

Hello everyone,

After driving a couple of rentals in the past few years, I have to say I was surprised when I drove the 1.5l diesel-powered Qashqai N-Connecta in Portugal earlier this year that I've decided to get one with the same spec but with a 1.3l petrol (140hp) instead. One week a half left for delivery :D. I couldn't justify the extra for the Tekna.

I have to admit, Nissan wasn't a brand I had any expectations to look at, much less a Qashqai. Before going to Portugal, I had exclusively booked the new Peugeot 3008 as I was eager to try one. To my sadness, the dealer had dispatched the last one and persuaded me to drive a Qashqai.

It was quieter, if not as quiet as a Mercedes CLA. More comfortable and cosier than a Skoda Kodiaq. And the most fuel-efficient car I've driven averaging between 70-90mpg per trip with advanced driving techniques. Although I'm curious to know how much I can squeeze out of the new 1.3l. The torque figure at 1600rpm sounds promising.

For a while, there was a decision against the Skoda Karoq SE L 1.5 TSI DSG for an extra money/cash/dinero, mostly for the extra horsepower, heated front seats and the DSG gearbox. Then I remembered the horrible road noise coming from the Kodiaq and I was quick to refer that same noise coming from of the POV videos on YouTube. With the same engine and specs, fuel consumption was horrible on the Kodiaq, couldn't get it to break the 40mpg average mark. Perhaps due to its extra weight.

I was surprised to come across a Skoda forum someone mentioning that his Karoq was a lot quieter than his Qashqai that was waiting for disposal. I assumed it was a very old one to compare in the first place. Apples and oranges I guess :lol:

I'm aware of the faults occurred in the past models and will be paying attention to similar issues.

There's an odd one. The model I drove in Portugal had less than 800 miles, and the gear shifter tended to kick an inch forward in third gear when accelerating as if there was a gap, but no disturbances in driving conditions :|. I rested that someone abused it or it was a factory issue. Haven't searched for that symptom since I wrote this.

Can't wait to get it and make travel to Switzerland-Monaco. So far my best is a currently owned LPG powered Citroen C1 to Portugal.
69' QQ N-Connecta 1.3 @ 140 horse purr

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the QQ Forum. We have at present the 1,2L Motor and have never experienced any movement of the Gear Lever. Here is a recent old post which might help. You could also try the “Search” for possibly more facts. Why not question your Dealer under the Nissan Guarantee if you are concerned, it’s paid for ! - Dave 😉

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8812&p=70332&hilit=Gear+stick#p70272
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Like Dave says speak to the dealer if you're concerned. That might be a bit hit and miss so get a couple of opinions.

Plenty of gearboxes have entered my life (military/civilian) and having repaired a couple I'd say:

Bearings and factory assembly. Letting them leak oil won't be good...of course.

They are very simple systems and its mainly about roller and needle bearings that are placed (shimmed) correctly. Some play (slap) at the end of a gear stick is inevitable..10 to 15mm. Note I said the end of the stick.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
AlreadyWonB4

Post by AlreadyWonB4 »

Thanks all for the reply.

I did thorough research and apparently it is common.
69' QQ N-Connecta 1.3 @ 140 horse purr