Another QashQai newby

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Funghi2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Funghi2019 »

Hi to all, just joined so busy searching the threads for as much information about my QashQai.

Since giving up company cars in 2008 I’ve owned three Ford Focus hatchbacks. Got side swiped in October 2017 on the M4 and was loaned a QashQai Tekna for two weeks. Certainly opened my eyes as never contemplated one before. Came to change my last Focus a few months ago. Don’t like the new shape so looked around. Several test drives later I became the owner of a Black 1.3 manual 165hp Tekna+. Really enjoying the drive. Couple of things I have an issue with. Who decided to put such a weedy horn on a car this size? More suitable to a very small city car. And a couple of times I’ve come to find all my windows open. (But I guess that may be my fault and the key fob)
Anyway, enough waffle. Looking forward to being a member and hopefully being able to assist others as my knowledge of the car increases. Bill

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bill, firstly Welcome to a very good QQ Forum. If you Need Facts please try to use the "Search" Area as there are many Facts and Specs there. Here are a couple of recent Posts that might help you - Dave :)
Regarding the Horn we installed on our J11A QQ Twn Horns for the reason mentioned. Whilst awaiting our new QQ we had a loan 1,7Dci QQ whose Horn was similiar again to a "Noddy Car" quiet, so I ordered from Amazon a set which arrived in two days. Just picked up the new QQ yesterday tried the Horn with the wife today and Hey Ho very loud even the wife was happy - so end of Story !

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6706&p=70874&hilit=open+window#p70874

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=630&p=71817&hilit=Horn#p71817
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Horn...whats worse is that there are two squeakers...one up front adjacent to rad and the second at the engine rear..low down.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta