Hallo

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
glane85
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by glane85 »

Evening all,
Just bought a 2016 Qashqai, 1.6 diesel Tekna spec and 4x4. Only 10k on the clock. Still getting used to it, but seems a nice car so far. Some niggles, but hopefully I can sort them out. I look forward to working through the forum!
Cheers!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the Forum !. Unfortunately getting hold of a 100% Vehicle these days is difficult, there is always something that is just not correct. But it is good to hear that at present all is positive. In case you are not aware there is a Forum “Search” function that is full of facts, figures and tips which might be of interest - Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
glane85

Post by glane85 »

Indeed it is difficult to expect a vehicle to be 100%. The one I have picked up is 3.5yrs old, so wouldn’t expect it to be without something that annoys me! Two things that do bug me at the moment are the squeaky trim and the headlights. One of the squeaks we’ve located to the dashboard air vent on the passenger side. If someone applies pressure the squeak stops and my sanity returns 😊. Hopefully a simple fix. The other squeak is from the rear, which I haven’t located yet. I think it is the hatch moving as the car goes over a bump. Not sure how to fix that one though, assuming it is the cause. And the headlights do seem to be quite low on the road. I’ve asked the dealer about it, and they say simply it passed an MOT before I collected it so the lights are OK. I’m not convinced. They may be within the light testing unit specification, but out on the road, in the dark, the beam pattern is what I feel, too close to the car. Think I will adjust them very slightly, without affecting oncoming vehicles.
Apart from the above, it is a very well kept car. Surprisingly so. I’d almost describe it as new, with very little wear to say it is 3.5yrs old at all. So far, pleased with it!
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

You should have the head lights aiming adjustment on the dash...somewhere?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
glane85

Post by glane85 »

They are the LED ones, so meant to be self levelling, I believe, so does not have the manual dial on the dash. I've read on the forum that some owners have had theirs set too high from the factory, and have had to adjust them down. I've seen how to do it, it seems simple, just need to find an evening when the rain stops for a while!
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

I always had problems with the headlights on my Fabias. The dealer reckoned they were fine according to his machine - but they were far too low! In the end I was getting the MoT done somewhere else to stop them changing them!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)