Hi, Newbie here

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neilw86
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Neilw86 »

Hi

i am new to the forum and new to Qashqai and Nissan. I dont own a Qahqai yet but and being forced to buy a new car pretty quickly as mine has packed up on mel. I have always liked the look of a Qashqai and the diesel 1.5 seems to be ticking all the boxes.
Mainly i need a car that can come close to the mpg on my old Citroen DS3 which is 74mpg on paper. I also wanted a more reliable car and prefrebaly not french again although i have recently discovered that the 1.5DCI is a Renault engine whicch has turned me off abit, i have also read alot about the Qashqai being unreliable and an article stated its the most unrealiable car out there which really dissapointed me.

Not sure what to do now, Thought i would see if you guys can shed anymore light and how you get on with yours and if you would reccomend. With the budget i have im looking at a 2015-2017.

thanks

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

hi neil
welcome, only had my qashqai 12weeks always been a ford driver, but fancied a change. i got the 1.5 tekna great car to drive no problems at all. so don`t worry about what you read as you`ll never get a car otherwise, remember no car is perfect. check the history of the car when you go to view one. i looked at bristol street motors and westway nissan (got the car i wanted in the colour and mileage too) just 3yrs the car is now. expect to pay around £11,000 - £13,000 depending on the age and spec you require and mileage ;-)