Stop/Start System fault/ Chassis control system fault

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Termterm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Termterm »

Hi Guys

So, today I decided to charge my battery as part of my elimination process. The battery only charged from 12.1 to 13.1 volts and solved one issue, fuel gage misreading. I now get the correct fuel reading.

If you want to keep up with photos and videos or recommend information please follow me on Instagram @millenialcars. Thanx

Termterm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Termterm »

Hi Guys

I am back. I got so stressed out with the above mentioned codes and i came to you guys for help. Unfortunately, my problems did not resolve because 1:
Not every problem or solution mentioned here applies to all same spec cars.
2: Not everyone here is a qualified engineer so future visitors approach with caution.

So my problems began after my salvage vehicle went into the workshop and got repaired. As part of the repairs, my mechanic took out the inner tie rod which offset my wheel alignment.
The whole time I was freaking out based on threads that I read here and assumed were related to my car, it wasn't the case. My J11 just needed a wheel alignment £25 and it self cleared the Chasis control system fault code after a five minute drive and a restart.
As for the stop start system fault, I just needed to refuel above quarter a tank as my fuel had been drained by the greedy fuckers at Copart.
Now my baby is looking and feeling stunning again. Hope this helps some poor reader one day.

Thanx for all your amazing support folks. Follow me on my future adventures on Instagram @millennialcars

Stay humble, By A.J
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Sounds like your steering wheel was not straight then, if your wheel isnt matched to where the steering angle sensor is set ( this gets set by diagnostic equipment and is usually set when the steering wheel is straight). So if your steering wheel is too far off to the left for example and your driving down a straight road the vehicle will know this as it has a g sensor fitted and can tell that your not actually turning a cornor but your steering wheel is off to the left. Should really get the wheel straight again by wheel alignment then set the steering angle to that position also.

The reason the light went off after a five minute drive after the wheel alignment is because it noticed the steering wheel was now matching where it was set as straight.

If they reset the steering angle position with the diagnostics then it would of gone out straight away. Hope this helps someone in the future