New - Help Please

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
vanya8349
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by vanya8349 »

Hi All, Im new to this forum so hope im doing this right.

I have a Nissan Qashqai Tekna DCI 2017, driving to work Monday morning and it came up on my dash the boot was open, got to work checked my boot and it wasn't open, pressed to lock the car and it wont lock just kept bleeping at me...…….ended up leaving the car open I tried opening and closing all the doors nothing would work.

Monday night the alarm was going off every other hour again saying boot open so had to lock the door with the key!
yesterday the car worked fine as if nothing was wrong with it locked fine, opned fine...

6.15am this morning alarm going off says boots open so again back to normal....my blind spot is also flashing on the dash too!!

Any advice what this could be iv tried both key fobs and both do the same so its not the key
thanks very much

Gel

Post by Gel »

Are you within warranty; if so get into dealer. :?:
If warranty just expired, you can press dealer to look at
under goodwill, as long as Nissan have serviced.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
vanya8349

Post by vanya8349 »

Yes it's still under warranty I'll ring tomorrow thanks didn't no if it was anything easy that's all
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

So the rear camera for your around view monitor has a little washer jet on it that sprays washing fluid onto the camera to clean it theres also a little air compressor behind the bumper offside rear and that compressed air gets blown onto the camera also.

What I've seen a few times is the washer jet hose for the camera pops off because the jet gets blocked and then sprays fluid at the back of the camera and then drips down to the boot lock actuator which also has a switch inside it to tell the bcm whether it's open or not, I bet the back of the camera and plug and the door lock actuator and plug have gor water ingress and corrosion due to the water ingress

Would need a new rear camera and boot door lock actuator and any corroded terminals within the plugs replacing and the rear camera calibrating
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

lewisbryant wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:37 pm So the rear camera for your around view monitor has a little washer jet on it that sprays washing fluid onto the camera to clean it theres also a little air compressor behind the bumper offside rear and that compressed air gets blown onto the camera also.

What I've seen a few times is the washer jet hose for the camera pops off because the jet gets blocked and then sprays fluid at the back of the camera and then drips down to the boot lock actuator which also has a switch inside it to tell the bcm whether it's open or not, I bet the back of the camera and plug and the door lock actuator and plug have gor water ingress and corrosion due to the water ingress

Would need a new rear camera and boot door lock actuator and any corroded terminals within the plugs replacing and the rear camera calibrating
Really ?
Which model has this ?
I'm pretty sure neither of my QQs have had this
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

lewisbryant wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:37 pm So the rear camera for your around view monitor has a little washer jet on it that sprays washing fluid onto the camera to clean it theres also a little air compressor behind the bumper offside rear and that compressed air gets blown onto the camera also.

Had something very similar happen on a new rental Peugeot diesel 50 - something 12 years back, Along M4 at Reading speed 70 mph....raining almost forever. Sudden christmas tree light up of all instrument panel lamps...engine running normally but not that you'd expect it with every error flag up. Got to Carlsberg depot at Reading called RAC/AA?. Man arrived and called a friend who recommended the CD changer in the boot be drained

Sure enough...about a cup full poured out. I suppose the diesel proved itself there.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

Juke f15 qashqai j11 and pulsar c13 models that are fitted with around view monitor or just rear view camera (n-connecta usually just has rear camera I think) they all have washer jet on rear camera as well as a small air compressor that will spray compressed air at the camera to dry it. Have had 3 j11s that have had 1 hose pop off for the washer for the camera and spray in the boot panel trim
johnels79

Post by johnels79 »

MikeGC wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 am

Really ?
Which model has this ?
Sadly yes my old 2015 qasqai tekna had this feature, last year when I upgraded to a 19 plate last year it had vanished. Asked dealer but they had never heard of it and said the feature never existed. I really miss it during winter.
3rd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT Propilot - Nightshade Black - 9th July 2020
2nd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT - Nightshade Black - 6th July 2019 - Rejected
1st Qashqai 1.5cc Dci Tekna - 28th Jan 2015
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

johnels79 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:38 pm
MikeGC wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 am

Really ?
Which model has this ?
Sadly yes my old 2015 qasqai tekna had this feature, last year when I upgraded to a 19 plate last year it had vanished. Asked dealer but they had never heard of it and said the feature never existed. I really miss it during winter.
OK
My 2017 QQ didn’t have this feature
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

If you are interested then take a look at this “Oldie Post” - Dave 😉

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1030

C6C7E2EF-C454-4073-BD1D-4CD47D031657.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken