New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
jamessteel100
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by jamessteel100 »

Hello,

I'm James. Just bought a 2018 reg Qashqai N-connecta 1.5 DCi on Tuesday. Seems OK so far!

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
ranyaron

Post by ranyaron »

Hi, just bought a 2nd hand QQ Acenta Tech turbo Diesel with 10,000 KM. Any tips would be welcome. I am trying to update the maps in the Multimedia system. The dealer is pushing me to buy an expensive whole new system which I dont want. The system is fine but the maps needs update. Can you please direct me how to get updated maps? TNX
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

ranyaron wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:43 am Hi, just bought a 2nd hand QQ Acenta Tech turbo Diesel with 10,000 KM. Any tips would be welcome. I am trying to update the maps in the Multimedia system. The dealer is pushing me to buy an expensive whole new system which I dont want. The system is fine but the maps needs update. Can you please direct me how to get updated maps? TNX
This advice might depend on where you live.
In UK and Europe you might be able to source the SD card with version 5 of the mapping software on eBay or alternatively a member on here (Black Rojer) sells up to date mapping software.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

ranyaron wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:43 am Hi, just bought a 2nd hand QQ Acenta Tech turbo Diesel with 10,000 KM. Any tips would be welcome. I am trying to update the maps in the Multimedia system. The dealer is pushing me to buy an expensive whole new system which I dont want. The system is fine but the maps needs update. Can you please direct me how to get updated maps? TNX

Welcome to this forum.

We need more information on your car - as to what system is presently fitted. And which country since you're quoting kilometres.

Is there an SD card slot to the right of the CD aperture?

What "system" is the dealer suggesting installing?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Jovilo

Post by Jovilo »

I bought an ex government 2017 ST ? model in pristine condition with 67,000 km on the meter.
The 'system' information question is vague, but if it is the drive train information required it is a 2.0 litre petrol engine with an automatic gearbox.
I am a British person living in Australia having migrated here with my parents and siblings.
An SD card slot to the right of the CD aperture has yet to be investigated, and the dealer did not ask for an unknown '''system''' to be installed as there are many 'systems' available with many different components, but I guarantee that it does not have a hot water system, an automatic washing and cleaning system, it doesn't even have a system of programmed directions installed.
The double lock system button on the remote dongle locks every door, the lighting system turns on the interior lights in the dark when the door opens and I am in the process of installing a front and rear dash-cam system for security and to record images of the crazy, mindless, law-breaking morons who may be blind to ignore the posted speed limits and other rules and crash into my vehicle as has happened in the past by runaway drivers.
I am a mature car and pantech - heavy articulated licenced driver of many years and prefer to drive my Qashqai with my own abilities and not rely on inbuilt robotics of assistance, bells and whistles trying to warn me of everything which I already use by being a 100% competent driver and controller of a motor vehicle.
Thank you for the acceptance of me to be a Qashqai Forum Member and I look forward to being further involved with the many owners of a superb, Made In Britain vehicle.
I am, and always will be an English person who is loyal to Great Britain.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jovilo, firstly welcome aboard to another member from OZ. As you mentioned you are a “Pantech” Driver are you talking about a Rigid, Arctic or Road Train, I would be interested in a pic of your vehicle and of course the QQ ST - Thanks Dave 😉

FC031200-3927-407F-B16F-C6B47E50703C.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ranyaron

Post by ranyaron »

gloucester wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 am

Welcome to this forum.

We need more information on your car - as to what system is presently fitted. And which country since you're quoting kilometres.

Is there an SD card slot to the right of the CD aperture?

What "system" is the dealer suggesting installing?
Thank you for the quick response.
I live in Israel. Obviously I would like to have updated maps. The map version on the SD card is dated 2004. The system I have looks identical to the one in the following link. Any ideas how to get updated maps or how to "convince" the system to 'screen mirror' my iphone?
TNX
Ran
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

ranyaron wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm
I live in Israel. Obviously I would like to have updated maps. The map version on the SD card is dated 2004. The system I have looks identical to the one in the following link. Any ideas how to get updated maps or how to "convince" the system to 'screen mirror' my iphone?

TNX
Ran
You have the "old" system - however I'm surprised that the maps are dated 2004 - I can't believe that's the most up-to-date set for your country. Usually they're only 2 or 3 years out-of-date.

The only easy way to update the maps is to buy a new SD card. We have European mapping in the UK so I presume Israel wouldn't be on there. You'll have to do some research on eBay or the like to find an applicable one.

There is no way to mirror phones with that system.
ranyaron

Post by ranyaron »

Indeed a very old system with old maps. I couldn't believe it either when I went into the hidden menu. The local dealer suggests to buy a modern system for 750 Euro without giving any option to purchase updated maps. I wonder what's behind it..... I have an old European TomTom device with EU maps, Israel included for some reason. I'll take your advise and search EBay.
Thank you again.
gloucester wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:37 am
ranyaron wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm

TNX
Ran
You have the "old" system - however I'm surprised that the maps are dated 2004 - I can't believe that's the most up-to-date set for your country. Usually they're only 2 or 3 years out-of-date.

The only easy way to update the maps is to buy a new SD card. We have European mapping in the UK so I presume Israel wouldn't be on there. You'll have to do some research on eBay or the like to find an applicable one.

There is no way to mirror phones with that system.