Advice Required - Door Latch Door Won't Shut Properly

The place to discuss everything else..
aviolentfemme
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by aviolentfemme »

hi guys, bit new to this but hoping someone can advise me!!

This weekend my driver's door inside stopped letting me out and having read a few posts on the matter decided to first attempt the removal of three screws around the door latch to check this hidden child lock business. Following this attempt I removed the door panel to check the interior door handle which appeared to show the broken plastic bit which I gather holds the cable end. I attempted to wedge the cable end back in there and glue on the plastic bit and put all back together.

Anyhow, following my meddling I now cannot shut the driver's door. The latch does lift with the external door handle and partially shuts but not properly. I'm guessing from research that it's the secondary part of the latch that isn't working. Have I messed up the cable? Or anything else? Is it possible to replace the cable or does it have to be the whole latch assembly thingy??

I've WD40'd it, I've undone the wedged cable at the handle end and ordered a new handle part. Any ideas about how to try and fix the latch mechanism so can shut and lock the door???

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Qashqai Acenta Dci 2WD diesel 1461cc 2007