Mobile Phone Detection

The place to discuss everything else..
MikeGC

Re: Mobile Phone Detection

Post by MikeGC » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 am

I was in Colorado recently and whilst phoning using your "cell phone" is discouraged it isn't yet outlawed.
Similarly, drivers of "semi" trucks are still allowed to send text messages whilst driving - baffling beyond words.

Personally, I have my phone connected to the Connect system and am able to make and receive calls and compose/send and receive text messages - all "hands free" via Bluetooth.

Irritatingly I still see folk in both cheap and expensive cars holding their phone to their ear while driving - some must be Bluetooth enabled.
The most irritating thing by far though is numpties who are obliviously writing text messages whilst driving.
March 2017 Qashqai 1.5dci n-connecta in Gun metal grey

Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: Mobile Phone Detection

Post by Terry64 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 pm

DaveBerlin wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 am
Terry, I could not agree with you more see it here also daily but if you try to inform you get lots of verbals and funny hand movements. I found this info‘ which is interesting as a comparison and that the U.K. is pretty hot on this subject - Dave 😲

36FEDE20-B51E-4002-9E63-A4AC51EF30F8.jpeg
Dave the increase in fines and points in the UK has actually made the problem worse, it has made it more dangerous before people just held there phone up in front of them while reading sending text, this was dangerous.
Now they try to conceal it by holding the phone down below the steering wheel, this means there's eyes are are now taken 100% away from the road for longer periods.
I am sure if they started issuing instant on the spot bans( First time caught 1 month ban second time 3 month and so on ) and your car got towed if so cost to get it out plus a fine, this would start to get the message across.
But there is still the problem of who is going to enforce the rules ?
The increase in fines did not seam to stop it happening but if you take them off the road just as you do with drink drivers you remove the problem.
Qashqai ACENTA K9K TYPE 1.5 DIESEL ENGINE, INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps, Tailgate Boot Chrome Lower Trim,Front Lip Finisher, Chrome,Door Sills Strips, Chrome

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”