RAC Breakdown with Service

The place to discuss everything else..
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

I bet the warranty matter is a big relief to those who can't have their cars serviced, thanks for posting this, Shannock.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

All very well if your car is in warranty for new car but what about if like me it is out of warranty but relying on breakdown cover that comes with an annual service - it seems it's OK so just to make it a bit clearer for others in the same situation - below copied from Nissan :-

Roadside Assistance

Nissan will allow a grace period for roadside assistance where the customer is unable to renew their roadside assistance entitlement due to our dealerships’ inability to perform vehicle maintenance services.

If the roadside assistance end date for your vehicle is within the period of restriction imposed by the Government, Nissan will extend the roadside assistance entitlement to the date your dealership is able to complete the required maintenance.

In the meantime any affected vehicles suffering a breakdown will continue to be attended to by Nissan Roadside Assistance
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

As there were a few comments in this post regarding Nissan Servicing, this attachment might be worth reading - Dave 😉

Our Dealer here is open for Servicing and on monday I have a Termin for changing my Winter Alloy wheels to Summer. I have checked the local Berlin / Brandenburg Virus Laws on this action and there appears to be no restrictions - I thought I would check in case the Boys in Blue decide to stop me.

Mr Loophole outlines his 10-point coronavirus road traffic charter : https://mol.im/a/8180853
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I haven't seen plod around my own town (rural) for about 2 months. Here your'e supposed to be NHS or key personnel. However, most garages of mechanical work are likely shut/out of business now. Servicing has been put on the distant back burner unless you DIY somehow. Think EuroCarParts is stlll delivering along with collecting stuff from Screwfix.

The good news is that petrol is below £1/ltr...so I'm tanked up and building an under ground tank in the field adjacent..... :idea:

We are now "instructed to not drive out" as opposed to advised. I suppose a drive out to the Supermarket is ok. Its certainly cut boy racer and screaming m/bike noise to very near zero.

If plod is pulling vehicles over on the motorways I suspect they'll catch a whole load of things....they really should do easily
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

As a point of interest maybe....Westway workshops are shut and my service/mot booked 8th April cancelled....had a phone call from Nissan Thursday and they rescheduled for end of May so presume they expect to be opening by then. The way things are that could be doubtful of course.

Oh yeah.....the girl confirmed that RAC would be extended until the new service date