Hatch Mounted Bike Rack

The place to discuss everything else..
SommerGirl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SommerGirl »

Has anyone ever used one of these on their Qashqai? I have a 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport (same as the basic auto you folks drive) with the rear spoiler. I had an Allen Ultra-Compact bike rack for my Jeep Patriot which worked quite well but isn't really recommended for the Rogue Sport - that pesky spoiler isn't sturdy enough to stand the strain of rack and bike. I don't have a tow hitch installed and wasn't planning on one. I've heard great things about the Saris Solo 1 which others have used over here on their Rogue Sport without breaking the spoiler. Has anyone used anything else that they can recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice! :D
Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sommergirl, I must admit I have never really seen an example of the Saris Solo 1, it’s appears cheap, but it looks interesting providing the QQ Rear Door is strong enough. These are available in the UK so you may we’ll be lucky that a member has installed one. One of the biggest Suppliers “Thule” here does not appear to have these, but Carid US do have some. I have attached an article with comments on the Best Bike Carriers for the Nissan Qashqai from bicyclevolt - Dave 😉

7FDCD73B-69AB-42A2-9EEA-FD9112577D0E.jpeg

Best Bike Rack For Nissan Qashqai (Buyer's Guide) : https://bicyclevolt.com/best-bike-rack- ... n-qashqai/

2019 Nissan Qashqai Trunk Mount Bike Racks - CARiD.com : https://www.carid.com/2019-nissan-qashqai-trunk-mount/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
SommerGirl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SommerGirl »

OK. I ordered and installed the Solo - WORKS GREAT! Worked just as it should. I put the top straps over the wing above the hatch and ensured the top feet were above the rear wiper. The bottom feet were mounted to the plate that holds the backup camera, plate lights, and hatch release. I mounted the bike and took it for a test drive. Worked just fine, although I did strap the front wheel to the frame, and the frame to the carrier. The inside peddle rests against the license plate, so no damage to the finish. Initially, I was a little concerned because of possible damage to the wing, but nothing happened on the test ride. If you can find one, it sure looks like a winner to this girl!
Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!