Nissan Ariya World Debut

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Japanese Tennis Star Advertising the Nissan Ariya - Dave 😊

Naomi Osaka x Nissan Ariya :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Now it is the Manchester City Trainer Pep Guardiola doing the Antics - Dave 😋

Pep Guardiola x Nissan Ariya :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I was at our Dealers last week and picked up a Nissan Brochure (from last year) on the Ariya called HORIZON it is basically a Life Story / Developement of the New Model. It is most likely interesting to some but long. I found the Nissan information so if there is any interest please take a read - Dave 😊

44D3A2CE-A610-4C85-A1EF-9D1743DE85BB.jpeg

Nissan: Welcome to Horizon | Automotive World : https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-re ... o-horizon/

Horizon - Nissan Ariya (English) : https://horizon-by-nissanariya.europe.n ... h/64467266
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Thank You so much DaveBerlin ... Good Read !
Very interesting story and very compelling car !

BTW Do you happen to know whether a similar brochure exists for the new Cashqai J12 ???
Over at that site I can only find following regarding qashqai :
https://europe.nissannews.com/en-GB/cha ... 4-releases
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, as far as I know No ! I have never seen such a complete document for any QQ. The Ariya Publication appears to have been prepared to launch the new Ariya Technology, which IMHO is a rather nice publication and it appears to be a little more than a Brochure more as I said before a Life Story. I am glad you liked it - Dave 😋

ECC4B157-D05C-4D85-8F2B-939492232641.jpeg

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

That's a real pity DaveBerlin!
Nissan will hopefully make a similar publication around the different QQ models too. The story of QQ!
There is a video on YouTube about the development of the new QQ though, with some of the same people from the Ariya Dev team in it!
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

What amazes me about the newest Nissan, Hyundai as well as Kia EVs is their common ... upsizing.
The Nissan Leaf seems almost a ... small car compared to the above !
Is this because of the more batteries ... the better range ... but the bigger and heavier !?
What about the price to replace the main batteries in the leaf and the upcoming Ariya ... is it true that replacing those would cost 10.000 euro ?
Although say, 10 years from now (when the batteries die) any 'new high tech' EV of 2021 will be incredibly outdated anyway !
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, when you are comparing sizes the Leaf does appear small size wise, but over the last 10 years there has been a vast variety of Leaf Battery Upgrades see the following :
The range in electric cars depends entirely on the kind of battery that is used in the powertrain. Below is a summary of the various battery sizes and ranges used in Nissan Leaf models from 2010 to the present generation :
First-Generation Nissan Leaf (2010-2017, ZE0) :
2011-2015 – 24kWh lithium-ion battery; EPA range 73-84 miles
2016 – 30kWh lithium-ion battery; EPA range 84-107 miles
The 2016 Nissan Leaf S also used the 24kWh battery
Second-Generation Nissan Leaf (2017-Present, ZE1)

40kWh lithium-ion battery; EPA range of 151 miles
62kWh lithium-ion battery; EPA range of 226 miles

Now regarding fixed costs these appear difficult to find and are mostly US related. But there is a wide variety of Battery upgrades now available over the (Leaf) last 10 years. Regarding the Ariya being so new who knows what will happen or what cost will arise.
It also depends on the Guarantee offered by the Manufacture and whether this would be a Std / Extended or a Special.
As Nissan Sunderland are now going to produce Batteries in the UK they could well become cheaper.
I have attached information for you to read and assess perhaps you can find the answer to your question - hope this helps in some way - Dave 😉

Nissan Leaf Battery Replacement and Upgrades: Full Guide - Green Car Future : https://www.greencarfuture.com/electric ... tery-guide

EV Rides Can Extend The Range Of Your Nissan LEAF With Battery Upgrades : https://insideevs.com/news/428315/ev-ri ... w-battery/

Nissan will build batteries in UK to sustain Sunderland plant | Autocar : https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... land-plant

2021 Nissan Ariya revealed: price, specs and release date | carwow : https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/4655/niss ... lease-date

Nissan unveils 300-mile Ariya electric SUV with liquid-cooled battery, 130kW CCS charging, starts at $40k - Electrek : https://electrek.co/2020/07/15/nissan-u ... d-battery/
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you again DaveBerlin !
This is really helpful.

I was considering going full EV too (like many people I guess),
but if there is little incentive from the government (taxes of course, 'free' EV-lease cars ...) like in the Netherlands and the Nordic countries then
only ... "true force" can make most people change to it at this time guess !?
In the US the situation is even worse for EV because gasoline is dirt cheap (compared to Europe anyway).
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Not initially keen on the Aurora Green one - looks black!

... but it IS a flip green/purple! Maybe needs sunlight.

Electric rear hatch - boot floor very similar to the Qashqai.

Looks GREAT internally!

Different digital dash to the Qashqai.

Panoramic roof has a bar across the middle.

TWO gloveboxes!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)