Tyre change & spare wheel

The place to discuss everything else..
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Hello all, yesterday I had my summer tyres put back on the car and for the first time I plan to put the winter wheel in the boot as a full spare. The person in charge at the tyre centre told me that it is smart to completely deflate this spare tyre to save space and weight. Because I have a repair kit with a 12V pump in the car anyway, I can always inflate it myself on the spot.
I had never heard of it before so I would like to discuss this with you what you think?

Greetings
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS

RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Never heard of this myself, not sure in the scheme of things how much weight you would save from no air in the tyre, likewise how how much space might be gained maybe a small drop in the height very slightly when in the boot footwell, but can’t imagine by much, actual size of the spare tyre being used would more likely give better gains. As to being flat and then pumping up at roadside when needed. I would think having it pumped up already inflated & anything that gets you on your way sooner and possibly out of a dangerous broken down location away from other fast moving traffic is the better option.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

april the first isnt it ?
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

:lol:
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS