Miniatur Wunderland - Hamburg

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry this is not QQ related but it might be of interest to some. I am sure many of us members years ago all used to play with our Dinky, Matchbox, Corgi Model Cars etc and guaranteed there are still a lot stuck away so the kids do not get their hands on them. I still have around 200 in their origin boxes stuck in the cellar.
Over the weekend there was a Programm on “Wunderland” in Hamburg showing the extensions from one Showroom building to the next New Showroom connected by a Steel Constructed Bridge.

Anyway I just thought that as the weekend is long it might be of interest to some (inc Kids) to look at this Miniatur Setup which is very High Tech, Models, Electronics, Computer Controlled etc and the detailed work involved in the construction of this Setup - Hopefully enjoyable Dave 😉

“Miniatur Wunderland is the largest model railway system in the world and has, in fact, been voted the most popular tourist attraction in Germany. Visitors can admire different countries and even an airport in miniature size. Besides the impressive miniature versions of Hamburg, the mountainous German region of the Harz, the Austrian Alps, France, Italy, North-America and Scandinavia And still being extended.
Hamburg’s miniature replica comprises no less than 200 square metres. This bustling city is home to over 50,000 'Wunderländer' (as its inhabitants are called) and includes the Hamburg's main attractions such as Michel and Hagenbecks Tierpark zoo, as well as Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, at which 1,500 trains arrive on a daily basis.
How it started : In the year 2000, the brothers Frederik and Gerrit Braun set out to build the largest model railway system in the world. After applying for a loan, they began construction in December 2000. In August 2001 they could already operate three completed, miniature sections. Today, this miniature world comprises 1000 square metres, with even more sites to follow.”

3DD0A567-458E-4753-B44C-F3FFC5BF9FC9.jpeg

C0AB301E-9961-4D72-A653-51C2215E56EE.jpeg

407538D9-F372-4B9A-8EF6-0CB898E5BCA3.jpeg

Homepage | Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg : https://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/

There are lots of videos available on YouTube if required !
48 mins - Modellbahn Paradies Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg :

5 mins - Wunderland :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I came across this on eBay a while ago. Must get to Germany one day - I've only been there for a few hours once - apart from the airport transits.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)