European Drivers would consider E-Vehicle as Next Car

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

European Drivers & E-Vehicles - Dave 🤨

“When asked if they would consider buying an electric vehicle as their next car, 70%1 of European drivers say they would. The most popular reason for drivers considering the change is the environmental benefits offered by a zero-emissions vehicle (49%1).”

Tipping point: 70% of European drivers would consider an electric vehicle as their next car : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... r-next-car

Nissan LEAF named an Autotrader “10 Best Electric Cars for 2021” : https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releas ... s-for-2021

“According to Autotrader, up to 30% of new car buyers are likely to consider an electric vehicle this year. Writing about the 2021 Nissan LEAF, Autotrader noted: "Now in its second generation, it's still a strong contender on the more affordable side of EVs. The styling is sleek, the interior is roomy, and the base price is within reach of a wide range of shoppers."
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed DaveBerlin, but I personally do not believe out of concern for climate change !
In Belgium we have an incredible number of company cars, a way to avoid the very high state imposed taxes, yet grant the company workers what many appreciate most ... an -almost- free car + usage, insurance etc.
However because companies have to pay dearly because of strict 'ecological' regulations and ditto taxes people are pushed, sometimes forced to pick a PHEV or EV (because taxes on those are much lower).
This fact (at least the many European countries) will get people into EVs and, AFAIK, little else.
The reason I, personally, decided on buying the J12 and not a 'true EV' is just that ... I do not get an (PH-)EV company car (for free).
But you know what happens ... because company car owners in my country (mostly) do not have to pay for gasoline either many owners do not charge the PHEV batteries, because it still is more convenient drive on gasoline/combustion only, also for free !
IMHO a PHEV is the very worst of both worlds : heavy, expensive and not even a better option for the environment !
I firmly believe even a mild hybrid only exist because it is a way to avoid even higher taxes on the car itself, but otherwise a mild hybrid would prove far more expensive, regardless of what we save on gasoline.
As soon as we have to swap these (older) big batteries the car becomes an instant money-pit ... so better sell the car before it is too late !
I fear what even the 12V (Alis) battery may cost when it needs replacing ... we can buy many gallons of gasoline from that money alone !
Otherwise a good car could last 20 years ... mild hybrids and/or (PH)EVs ? No way !
But YMMV