Shock for dealers as Stellantis announces it will terminate all contracts

The place to discuss everything else..
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Stellantis has announced it will be terminating contracts with all of its dealers across Europe with two years’ notice.
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ice/223689

AFAIK This is not going to influence Nissan in any way, but this illustrates that the car business as a whole will be into dangerous
territory from now on.
We have read that a.o. Nissan and Mitsubishi were not really that prosperous the last couple years and with electrification
changing the entire automotive landscape this is not really promising for the future and most probably even worse for us, the Nissan customers and
the dealer we rely upon !

Hopefully Nissan will not leave Europe any time soon !

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, Thanks for this but I must admit I have never heard of this Group despite it being Big. It does appear also that it has not been around too long - Dave 😏

Stellantis: What is it? Which brands does it have? And what does it mean for customers and dealers? – Car Dealer Magazine :
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ers/214546

“The creation of Stellantis on January 16 creates the fourth-largest car company in the world and brings together some of the car industry’s most famous brands under one roof. Simply, it’s a new company that’s been formed by the merger of Groupe PSA and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), with the new firm electing to go for a name rather than another collection of acronyms.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

DaveBerlin, I do think this will have a profound impact on a large part of the (car) dealers across Europe and the UK !
I have read quite some articles on the matter and feedback from (those dealer's -) customers.
I may be that in smaller town Stellantis dependent dealers will disappear, dealers that where often cheaper for (car) support and where more of the family business type.
Nissan still resorts (is protected) under the Renault umbrella, is it not ?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, both Nissan / Renault Alliance members seem to have their problems but still appear to be working hand in hand regarding engines, Gearboxes and technologies - Dave 🤨

Who is bigger Renault or Nissan ? : Nissan leads global sales within the Alliance, with about 500,000 cars and vans sold by April 2020, followed by the Groupe Renault with more than 273,550 electric vehicles sold worldwide through December 2019.
Renault owns 43% of Nissan while it has 15% of the French carmaker but no voting rights.
Does Renault own Nissan ? : Renault owns 43.4% of Nissan's shares; Nissan owns 15% of Renault (but lacks voting power) and, since 2016, 34% of Mitsubishi Motors.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

DaveBerlin, that is interesting.
Hopefully this alliance will endure !