Vitronic - Radar Trailer - Information

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be worth noting as you never know when these “Vitronic” Devices appear in the UK. It is looks a pretty interesting device so the video is worth looking at for how it functions - Dave 😉☹️

Last week the German Government decided to increase Motoring Offence Fines very significantly from Nov. On the “Lidl Run” the road has a 50 km/h Speed Limit but passing a Kindergarten / Nursery it drops to 30 km/h. Last week I noticed on the side of the Street what looked like a nice small trailer. Today I got flashed by a passing vehicle as I was slowing down and this nice Enforcement Trailer was being set up by 3 Police Officers - so what is it it is a Transportable Radar Device which means keeping your eyes wide open and staying within the limits here.

This Info’ is in German (Headings below in English) but it gives you an idea of the increased cost :

OVER THE SPEED LIMIT : FINE in € OLD / NEW IN CITY : FINE in € OLD / NEW OUT OF CITY

5D0372C8-7BB6-475B-864C-0C26604E6908.jpeg

BA66ECF1-FCD5-4BE3-A6E8-F38043EBCEDD.jpeg

11F766CE-C32D-44E6-9FF0-22CFC6039CB7.jpeg

Vitronic :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

UK fines can be higher than those even at the new German rates.

It seems to be much more complicated here but you can see the full breakdown at https://www.evo.co.uk/advice/18773/uk-s ... or-drivers.

If I was still working I'd be on about £42k/year which equates to about £800 per week so for a Band C offence doing 105mph on a 70mph motorway that would be a fine between £1,000 and £1,400. On a dual carriageway it would be capped at £1,000.

In Germany looking at the new fine for out-of-town that seems to be €480 = approx £405?

I presume the advantage of this new mobile speed camera is that it doesn't need an operator so saves money in that respect. However in the UK I suspect it would be HIGHLY likely to be vandalised, even if that's only putting a sheet of plastic over the aperture. It would need to be supervised...

EDIT

In fact after watching the video, wouldn't people simply just stand in front of it, with passers by waving at their public-spiritedness? 8-)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, Correct on the Operator situation it is Autonomous, unmanned enforcement operation for up to ten days. Vandalizing it is always possible or standing in front Yup, but that is the same situation as a Radar System in an unmarked car used here. I would also assume this would not happen when protecting young kids outside a Nursery - Dave 🤨

Your UK Fines do look excessive ☹️

https://vicwebsite2019.cdn.prismic.io/v ... railer.pdf
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken