Just *how good* is the Qashqai?!

The place to discuss everything else..
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Looks like mine will be going sometime in the next month, 41mpg and no help at all from the dealer or Nissan, they've reluctantly agreed to have another look at it on the 28th if I still have it but only because my neighbours son came in with me and we showed them photos of the readings made with me driving his car and then mine (same 1.5dci QQ) over the same 50 mile round trip with a huge difference in the readings. Sadly neither the dealer or Nissan give a toss about it.My car Reading 1 41.3mpgReading 2 48.1mpgReal world (fill up to fill up) 41 to 42mpgHis carReading 1 58.8mpgReading 2 67.2mpgReal world (fill up to fill up) 55 to 58mpgSo far the replacement is down to either a Ford Kuga (when the new engines are out in the next 2 weeks) or the new VW Golf SV MPV, had a look at one this morning, plenty of room, comfortable seats with lumbar support for both driver and passenger. Hasn't got a lot of the toys that Acenta Premium has but it's a lot more comfortable and should give better MPG.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Maybe I ought to start a new topic -

"Supergrover's Special Scottish Sporran Saving Suggestions". Or maybe not!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Sam

Post by Sam »

I am envying you all! My TEKNA 1.2 petrol only gets me between 29 and 31mpg no matter where I drive! Only has 550 miles though. I hope that improves
montimar

Post by montimar »

Yesterday I drove to from Scarborough to Hull at an average of 62MPG. Restarting with a warm engine I drove down the M62 through Goole and then about 15 miles of country roads and recorded 71MPG.Bloody awesome car.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

After reading all the drivers regarding mpg, I have at last contacted dealer and booked car in for 31st Oct for check up. I ignore the read out on the trips and only calculate on fill up to fill up. Fill tank to top.
Picked the car up 9th May an£ have kept a log with all diesel receA¬pts and first few weeks it was around 50mpg. Since then it has slowly gone down and now its at 34mpg. A€m travelling around 200 miles per week with one 80mile round trip every week.
It seems as if the revs wander up and down even when on cruise control set for 60. And before you say anything there are no hills around Norfolk.
Will be interesting to see what the dealer finds.Toffeeggs2014-10-22 16:02:09
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="supergrover"]Maybe I ought to start a new topic -"Supergrover's Special Scottish Sporran Saving Suggestions". Or maybe not![/QUOTE]For me to comment on this would leave me open to prosecution of sterotyping and racismBut I work for a family of Jocks so dont care Only a Scotchman could find the ways you guys do at saving money, even the Dutch dont win the a JockI dontthink the fuel economy it claims is right but sometimes I felt I finished the journey with more fuel than I started I do not know of any other car so frugal on fuel and I dont hang around when driving